FQU-USA

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Nicodemus, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Nicodemus

Nicodemus New Member

I don't know how familiar you all are with the media stunt a couple of our illustrious senators pulled off over France's lack of support for the US. In a nutshell, they made the House Cafeteria officially change the names of some menu items like french fries and french toast to freedom fries and freedom toast.

As a direct answer to this campaign, a friend of mine back in New Orleans has been working on his own project to "Get the French Out" and has formed and has organized a petition to officially rename the French Quarter the "Freedom Quarter". Last Saturday they held a rally downtown and were interviewed by news crews from all 4 major networks, the local paper, and the Associate Press. (hehehe..)

Here is the link to one of the articles:
    French Correction

And here's the website of the newly formed French Quarter Union:
    http://www.fqu-usa.com/
    (Be sure to pronounce it!)

2. kat

kat New Member

Thats pretty fucking lame.... Jeebus,everyone is entitled to their own views on the current situation,what good does it do to pull a gay stunt like that??
    Not like it will make them stand up and say "OMIGOD! WHAT HAVE WE BEEN THINKING? IF WE GO AGAINST THEM,THEYLL CHANGE THE NAME OF FOOD THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OURS!"

*shrugs* I dunno,oh well....We're all probly dead soon anyways... :p

3. Nicodemus

Nicodemus New Member

Yeah, that was about the gayest thing I've heard in awhile. I mean, everyone knows politicians are media whores, but talk about a shit-shovel of propaganda... I laughed my ass off when I found out about my friend's antics. The best part is that they only need 1,000 signatures on the petition and the New Orleans city council legally has to grant them a hearing. God, that'd almost be worth flying home for.

4. MrTim

MrTim New Member

Who the fuck cares about the French - they could give a flying fuck about us. Besides, the French "Army" is worthless. Let them have their fucking fries and toast, thats all those stinky bastards have. The United States will fucking smash that boyfucker Sodom hussain (I spelled his name wrong on purpose.)

5. kat

kat New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ambitious Procrastinator:
    The best part is that they only need 1,000 signatures on the petition and the New Orleans city council legally has to grant them a hearing. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you fucking serious??? They only need 1000 signatures and they automatically get to go up in front of a judge to plead that as a legit case??

6. cardBOARD box homie

cardBOARD box homie New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrTim:
    Besides, the French "Army" is worthless.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

part of the french "armed forces" training is how to retreat and surrender.

7. Nicodemus

Nicodemus New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lil_devil:
    Are you fucking serious???
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, 1,000 sigs gets them in the door. It's a city council hearing though, no judges or jury or anything like that. Just a group of elected officials who get paid to argue about the most efficient way to get nothing accomplished. Still, it sounds like fun.

8. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

teeheehee

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote

9. Doghead

Doghead New Member

Um, I know this ain't exactly Meet the Press but I can't find that item you're quoting from, Pimp. Mind telling us where it came from?

10. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

11. cardBOARD box homie

cardBOARD box homie New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PimpDaddy:
    http://www.iraqwar.ru/<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

im glad i learned how to read russian when i was three

12. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lunchb0x:
    im glad i learned how to read russian when i was three<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

oopsie

13. Doghead

Doghead New Member

Thanks, Pimp. Don't know if that's bullshit or not but a good deal of what's on that site tracks with what little we're being told in the States, and more is confirmed by reputable overseas sources. The stuff I haven't heard isn't wildly exaggerated, at least.

14. MrTim

MrTim New Member

Being that I am full of hate and a proud member of the NRA - I fucking hate anyone who oposes the war. Yes, I hate you because you are an ignorant stupid fuckhole, and I hope you realive that Sodom Husain (spelled incorrectly on purpose) deserves to be hacked to pieces with a chainsaw, then boiled so he can be picked off with an M16A2 with multiple shots to his camel jockey face

15. Nicodemus

Nicodemus New Member