Nicorette Gum

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by SlaunchaMan, Feb 22, 2003.

1. SlaunchaMan

SlaunchaMan New Member

OK, first of all, hello everyone. I'm Slauncha Man. Now that we have that overwith…

I was watching The Daily Show the other night, and I saw a Nicorette commercial. In the commercial, it says that you can take a piece whenever you like to help your cravings. But, there's very fine print at the bottom that says, "DO NOT TAKE MORE THAN 24 PIECES A DAY." I'm just wondering - who the hell would chew that much Nicorette? If you do, you'll probably become addicted to the gum. My prediction for the next major tobacco lawsuit: someone gets mouth cancer whilst trying to quit smoking.

[ February 23, 2003: Message edited by: Slauncha Man ]

2. kitana

kitana New Member

chew 24 pieces n tell us what happens

3. Fugly

Fugly Administrator Staff Member Fugly Staff

That stuff doesn't work. I tried it and ended up smoking and chewing the gum at the same time.

I've never tried the patch, but I'm sure I'd end up rolling pieces of Nicorette in it and smoking that too.

4. 1337

1337 New Member

we can edit again?

**edit** i guess so.

[ February 23, 2003: Message edited by: Highclass Whitetrash ]

5. Ulfur Engil

Ulfur Engil New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slauncha Man:
    OK, first of all, hello everyone. I'm Slauncha Man. Now that we have that overwith…
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm guessing by "Slauncha," you mean "Sláinte."

6. battlesausage

battlesausage New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fugly:
    That stuff doesn't work. I tried it and ended up smoking and chewing the gum at the same time.

I've never tried the patch, but I'm sure I'd end up rolling pieces of Nicorette in it and smoking that too.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never tried the gum but I did try using the patch while I was taking Zyban. It helped a lot but as soon as I ran out I started smoking again.

7. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Highclass Whitetrash:
    we can edit again?

**edit** i guess so.

[ February 23, 2003: Message edited by: Highclass Whitetrash ]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey! I said that first! WTF happened to my reply?

8. SlaunchaMan

SlaunchaMan New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ulfur Engil:
    I'm guessing by "Slauncha," you mean "Sláinte."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup. Sort of. Slauncha is a drunken equivalent to Sláinte, which means "Health" in Gaelic and is said before taking a drink. I got it from an Adam Sandler skit.

9. chester grape

chester grape New Member

Two words:

Cold.

Turkey.

I smoked 2 packs of Marlboro a day for ten years, but when you really make your mind up to quit, you just quit.

It's that simple. Really.

10. cardBOARD box homie

cardBOARD box homie New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chester grape:
    Two words:

Cold.

Turkey.

I smoked 2 packs of Marlboro a day for ten years, but when you really make your mind up to quit, you just quit.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

if i had the money to smoke two packs a day id never quit

11. Cigarettes

Cigarettes New Member

Welcome. Nicorette gum is just people takeing advantage of smokers. You can only quit by slowly comming off, with help from friends and family. Trust me I know. Cold turkey works for some people.

12. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I dropped my cigarette on the floor of my car on my way back from my luch break. I hope I got it out and my car doesn't catch on fire. I believe that might detour me from smoking for a while... at least in my car anyway. The spot the xray found on my lung sure hasn't...

"Live fast, die young, leave a good looking corpse"

13. kitana

kitana New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chester grape:
    Two words:

Cold.

Turkey.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

so how much weight did u gain?

14. chester grape

chester grape New Member

... about 7 lbs. But I was a skinny fucker so it sits good on me.

15. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

7 pounds is nothing. Christ, I've prolly put that much on in the last month... smoking. I'm turning into a lard ass. I think my metabolism has slowed way the fuck down. Turning 25 sucked.

16. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nauseous:
    7 pounds is nothing. Christ, I've prolly put that much on in the last month... smoking. I'm turning into a lard ass. I think my metabolism has slowed way the fuck down. Turning 25 sucked.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    try turning 30. not only does the metabolism come to a screaming halt, a female reaches sexual peak. so i'm fat and all i wanna do is fuck. i dare not quit cigarettes now! i quit when i had that gum surgery. i used the patch. it was all good until i took the patch off. then i lit up again.

17. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I'll be fucking huge by 30. I remember the good old days of being 115... that was 4 years and almost 25 pounds ago. At the rate I'm going I figure I'll be 5'7 and 170 pounds at age 30. Guess it's back to the super model diet of water and nicotine... I'm going to go do some sit-ups now.

18. unlimited-time

unlimited-time Active Member

[ February 24, 2003: Message edited by: unlimited time ]

19. Doghead

Doghead New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nauseous:
    I dropped my cigarette on the floor of my car on my way back from my luch break. I hope I got it out and my car doesn't catch on fire. I believe that might detour me from smoking for a while... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably not, but it might keep you from driving.

20. TimBoaT

TimBoaT Member

pfft. why would you want to quit smoking?

chew, chew, park.