Eminem

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Lomotil, May 24, 2002.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Almost enough to make you stand up and laugh...

Eminem Angrily Pushes Album Forward
    Tuesday May 21, 2002 @ 05:30 PM
    By: ChartAttack.com Staff

Eminem

With not a profanity left to anybody’s imagination, Eminem recently lashed out at whomever pre-released his album on the Internet recently, threatening to "beat the @#%$" out of the party responsible.

Not known for his patience or his subtlety, NME is reporting that the rapper had less than good things to say about his album, The Eminem Show, getting into bootlegger's hands its entirety a full month before its release date. Interscope (Em’s label) reportedly had the album under lock, key, laser guided missiles and a FBI witness protection plan so that it would not hit the Internet before it hit the shelves.

Unfortunately, even the most stringent of security could not protect the record and it is now available for unlimited downloading and on-the-street sales.

It appears that Interscope is going to try to slow down the flood of free recordings by pushing up the release date for the album. Originally to drop on June 3, the album will now be released May 28 to accommodate the flood of free downloads. According to Billboard.com., Interscope stands to lose a lot of money by changing the release, since all of their advertising has been tailored to the original date. The label has included a free DVD with the CD, apparently hoping to entice fans to buy the record instead of just scamming it for free.

Even internet downloading has reportedly not concerned the label as much as bootlegging has. NME.com reports that copies of "The Eminem Show" have been selling on the streets of New York for around $5 each.

2. GreenAppleSplatters

GreenAppleSplatters New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Friar Bitchicus Slapiticus:
    Almost enough to make you stand up and laugh...

NME.com reports that copies of "The Eminem Show" have been selling on the streets of New York for around $5 each.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A guy I work with bought it for 25 bucks...sucker...

3. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Damn... no joke.

4. GreenAppleSplatters

GreenAppleSplatters New Member

5. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

Ive macd around $500 on bootlegs so far

6. Ulfur Engil

Ulfur Engil New Member

I got word from my company that the release date has been pushed even further. So now, Eminem's new CD should be in stores tomorrow, as opposed to the 28th.

I understand the logic behind accelerating the release date, but it will be wierd advertising a release on a Sunday.

7. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Why don't they give up already? If they didn't charge so damn much for an album, maybe people would buy more and save the trouble of downloading them?

8. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Friar Bitchicus Slapiticus:
    Why don't they give up already? If they didn't charge so damn much for an album, maybe people would buy more and save the trouble of downloading them?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A-Fucking-MEN

9. tommy710

tommy710 Active Member

for once imc and friar i agree with ya both the robbing fucking twats

10. Ministersf

Ministersf New Member

Total agreement. What does it cost to stamp a CD now-a-days, 4 cents?

11. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Something like that... all I know is that it's fucking cheap as hell. I was really hoping that the whole p2p revolution would eliminate the big record labels altogether. Then you could have established bands selling their CD's directly from their website for maybe $5 a pop. Give the radio stations a portion of any revenue generated by concerts within their listening area to replace the money donated by the labels to play each band's songs. Then get them to play more than just one or two songs from a band's album, and even consider letting the stations record the concert and play portions of it on the air in the future. To supply stores with albums, have different companies handle the distribution, so that they're always in competetion, keeping retail prices down (the inexpensive website album sales would encourage this, too).

Then take MTV off the air.

12. Ministersf

Ministersf New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote
    Hell yeah! Then burn the building to the ground, sell jars of the ashes, and give that money to anyone who's ever had to sit through TRL.

13. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

what's trl?

maybe i'll understand why he boasts about his hugs and shit

14. Ministersf

Ministersf New Member

A TV show.

Huh?

15. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

"i go to TRL look how many hugs i get" from 'white america'...

16. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

TRL is a MTV show for teenage girls...
    sdtands for Total Request Live

17. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I Murder Children VIOLENTLY:
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And they play shittymusic videos...

18. gobstopper77

gobstopper77 New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I Murder Children VIOLENTLY:
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and these teenage girls introduce the videos and scream at the end of the intro. its enough to make me wanna trek into the city and bitchsmack some of those shrill screaming little whores.
    oh and i wanna bitch smack carson dalys faggy ass too.

19. MrTim

MrTim New Member

Carson Daley is nothing but a cock-smoking studdering prick, and TRL is a total waste of time. Christ, I remember the good ole days when MTV actually played MUSIC VIDEOS. Now what do we get - THe real world - 7 whinney ass bitches in a huge free apartment. Thats why I never watch MTV, and drink heavily. Like now.

20. angelazura

angelazura New Member

I finally understand why my brother stopped selling drugs all of the sudden and stocked up on blank recordable cd's....hmmmmm...I just thought he liked EMINEM alot....maybe I should raid his room and steal all his cash....anyone wanna go for lunch hahaha....fucker...