Classics

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Lomotil, Mar 29, 2002.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Your mission, should you choose to accept... I need y'all to list your favorite 'old school' video games (console or arcade)... Basically, anything from the late 70's to the early-mid 90's should count. I know there's a few games out there that were popular back in the day that I probably never played... now's the chance to catch up.

Gracias.

2. FredVegas

FredVegas New Member

PONG RULES!!!!
    That said, I think Pitfall was my favorite Atari game. NES(original,8bit i think?) was probably Mike Tyson's Punchout. After that, I can't really tell ya as drugs pretty much took the place of video games as far as entertainment goes.

3. Matthew

Matthew New Member

1. Act raiser (snes)
    2. Maniac Mansion (nes)
    3. Quack shot (genesis)
    4. Mortal Kobat (for the genesis where they actually showed you killing people unlike the gay snes version where they showed orange blood.)
    5. Metal Gear (nes)
    6. Chrono Trigger (snes)
    7. Seceret of Mana (snes)
    8. Rad Racer (nes)
    9. Blaster Master (nes)
    10. Street Fighter (snes)

4. Matthew

Matthew New Member

I forgot skate or die (nes)

5. FredVegas

FredVegas New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matthew:
    I forgot skate or die (nes)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fuck yeah!! Skate or die!! I had it when it was a PC game
    What about the original Megaman? That shit rocked.
    Kid Icarus?(Is that it was called?)
    Ghost's and Goblin's?
    Zelda?
    Castlevania?

6. HRH prince charles

HRH prince charles New Member

not in any order me niggers

pole position (atari2600)
    jet set willy (spectrum)
    super mario 3 (nes)
    kung fu (nes)
    zelda (nes)
    after burner (arcade)
    teenage mutant hero turtles (arcade)
    tennis (gameboy)
    maniac mansion (nes.. only found 2 endings)
    isolated warrior (nes... the ending was class

7. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg Guest

I liked playing "The Main Event" back in 1987. It was the first wrestling game that let you actually fight other people as a tag team, four player style. And the people actually had moves. I can't remember the wrestling game that came before that. It had The Pirrahna, Coco Savage, Karate Fighter and some Hulk Hogan rip-0ff. That was a cool game.

8. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Out of the console games listed so far, I don't have the following:

Maniac Mansion
    Quackshot
    Secret of Mana (I fucking gave my copy away )
    Rad Racer (I've got the sequel)
    Jet set willy?
    Isolated warrior
    River City Ransom (I fucking need this game)
    Section Z

Never played 'The Main Event'... I'll be saving this thread to an .mht after everyone's done listing, then I'll get to work on finding some of this stuff...

Thanks for the great responses so far, y'all...

9. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matthew:
    4. Mortal Kobat (for the genesis where they actually showed you killing people unlike the gay snes version where they showed orange blood.)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They didn't even show 'orange' blood. It was white. Nintendo said they changed it to look like you're knocking the 'sweat' off of your opponent. I'm just glad they got their shit right for the sequel... the SNES version spanked the Genesis in all departments... Just as bloody, better graphics, sound, voices, and the control was better, too... I got MK2 for my 32X a few months back, one of these days I'm going to have to test those two side-by-side...

10. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

jet set willy was for the sinclair spectrum... i preferred it's predecessor.. manic miner... arguably the first platformer.. but i don't wanna argue about this...

you can get freeware versions of these games for the pc if you dig around a bit

11. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Just hearing the name makes me wonder if that's the reason Sega changed the name of 'Jet Set Radio' to 'Jet Grind Radio' before releasing it in the states...

12. GreenAppleSplatters

GreenAppleSplatters New Member

I was a Nintendo fan so here mine are:
    River City Ransom
    Final Fantasy
    Castlevania 1&2
    Section Z
    Battletoads

Shit,I can't think of any more.I'll remember some later.