Christmas sucks

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Lomotil, Dec 25, 2001.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I can remember a time in my childhood when Xmas used to mean something, it was a special time of the year when everyone got together and celebrated, and you awaited anxiously for the presents you'd been pretending to be good all year for. What the fuck happened?

I guess when you get older, Xmas becomes more of a burden than a blessing. You've got to deal with the constant fucking madness of the Xmas shopping season, traffic, fucking assholes from the Salvation Army ringing bells and begging for change in front of every fucking store, and visiting with relatives you had forgotten how much you despised in the year since you'd seen them before...

Case in point: I've got a whole side of my family that I've pretty much shied away from since I was old enough to realize what morons they are. Last year, I happened to be at one of their Xmas gatherings, and I stood in awe at how they were mesmerized by a videotape one of them got for Xmas of nothing but fucking deer. Not deer fucking, just fucking deer. Nobody was shooting them, the camera crew (obviously a one-man job, from start to finish - you could really appreciate the custom title sequence no doubt created with the 8mm camcorder itself)... At any rate, this whole tape consisted of nothing but them following deer around, counting the points on their horns, and moving on. Every once in a while, breaking the monotony, you'd hear one of my cousins exclaim, "Wooooo-eeeeeee! Lookit that one... ain't he a beaut! Lookit those horns!!" The whole experience over there was most depressing. I just hope that if I ever have any kids (or find out about any past children) that they never turn out like that...

Anyway, I thought I'd avoid that whole mess this year by carefully avoiding Xmas dinner at their house this year... and I succeeded at doing so, only to find out yesterday that I'm going to have to see not only the ones that would've made it to that dinner, but that whole fucking portion of the family tomorrow at my Great Aunt's funeral... Jesus Christ. What a fucking blast that's going to be. I can hardly fucking wait. Another thing... what a way to ruin Xmas for my grandma, too... We'd just finished opening presents yesterday when we got the call... "Gee whiz, grandma... thanks for all the gifts, hope you enjoyed Xmas and all your presents... oh yeah, BTW, your sister just died." She took it all pretty well, I think... We all saw it coming, though. To be quite honest, for all intents and purposes, my Aunt has been dead for quite a while, but she finally died biologically yesterday. It wasn't exactly a total shocker.

But I'm getting off-track here... this post was supposed to be about the disappointment of Christmas every year since... well, for quite a while, now. I can remember sitting down with my family this year, and I got that same feeling I got last year, and the year before, and the year before, ad nauseum... We hadn't opened a single present yet, in fact, barely had them sorted out, and I just wanted more than anything to be just about anywhere else than there. I could tell what each present was before it was opened, and I could also tell there was no GameCube or Xbox under the tree... I was in for a few hours of quality time while we each took turns opening presents that took someone else the entire year to accumulate (Except me, of course... the extent of my Xmas shopping is of shit that I've happened across during the normal course of activities prior to Xmas, and the last minute, December 23rd inventory of gifts accumulated/selecting from the boxes of cologne received last year to give away this year/what else do I have here that I don't want and can wrap up? allocation tradition). Don't get me wrong, I got some nice stuff, and I had a fairly decent Xmas (by today's standards, not the fond, ignorant, childhood memories), but just knowing that you're going to have to act surprised or even excited about most of the gifts is enough to make you hit the brandy-spiked eggnog a few more times... As per usual, the real paydirt this year was the cards with cash in them, and I'm stuck in that dilemma stage about what to buy in the coming weeks... (...Xbox? ...GameCube? ...DVD's? ...fix the other arcade games in the garage?)

Oh well, I suppose Christmas will never be what it once was, instead, it's true meaning shines through, and as adults we can appreciate Christmas for the joyful celebration that it is, and be thankful that it only happens once a year.

2. sparky69

sparky69 New Member

3. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

man sparky, you are one dumb motherfucker

4. kitana

kitana New Member

i hate christmas, too. i feel like smacking the little brats that throw fits in front of ppl b/c they didnt get or like what they got or wanted what the other person got

5. sparky69

sparky69 New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I Murder Children VIOLENTLY:
    man sparky, you are one dumb motherfucker<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks bro. i love this shit. who needs enemys when u can get shit like this here
    lol

6. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Reverend Bitchslap:
    I can remember a time in my childhood when Xmas used to mean something...

7. kitana

kitana New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Poisonous Pimp:
    giving is where the true meaning of christmas lies for adults.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

only the adults that celebrate it

8. sparky69

sparky69 New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kitana:
    only the adults that celebrate it <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

only adults who act like adults. whining and cryin about how u didnt get anything good 4 christmas is not being an adult. but anyway who really cares. i can feel 4 mr rev. christmas is alot worse once u get 2 a certian age. i havnt figured out what that age is but when i do ill get bak 2 ya... but seriousoly christmas isnt about recieving gifts or even about giving. thats a bunch of crap if i ever heard it. its really about celebrating tha birth of jesus christ. and u already know my thoughts about that.

9. kitana

kitana New Member

sparky - christmas has a religious thing to it, ppl of diff religions dont celebrate it

10. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sparky:
    only adults who act like adults. whining and cryin about how u didnt get anything good 4 christmas is not being an adult. but anyway who really cares. i can feel 4 mr rev. christmas is alot worse once u get 2 a certian age. i havnt figured out what that age is but when i do ill get bak 2 ya... but seriousoly christmas isnt about recieving gifts or even about giving. thats a bunch of crap if i ever heard it. its really about celebrating tha birth of jesus christ. and u already know my thoughts about that.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey braniac, Christmas is a holiday made up to convert pagan's to christananity.

11. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sparky:

uve said that b4 but u still havnt found a way 2 prove it or give me your sorces of where u found it... brainiac
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Historians are unsure exactly when Christians first began celebrating the Nativity of Christ. However, most scholars believe that Christmas originated in the 4th century as a Christian substitute for pagan celebrations of the winter solstice. Although the Gospels describe Jesus' birth in detail, they never mention the date, so historians do not know on what date he was born. The Roman Catholic Church chose December 25 as the day for the Feast of the Nativity in order to give Christian meaning to existing pagan rituals. For example, the Church replaced festivities honoring the birth of Mithra, the god of light, with festivities to commemorate the birth of Jesus, whom the Bible calls the light of the world. The Catholic Church hoped to draw pagans into its religion by allowing them to continue their revelry while simultaneously honoring the birthday of Jesus.

looky
    here

12. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

way to go killa, you got another new disciple, and this one can do research

13. sparky69

sparky69 New Member

well that was good but it also has some problems that iu can back up with scripture. first of all n yer little incarta thingy it said that there were 3 kings. well actually we dont know how many kings came 2 c jesus. the bible does not say how many wise men came. that was just assumesd because there were 3 gifts. and actually scholars believe that when the wise men came 2 c jesus he was like already a year old. the shepards were the only ones 2 come 2 c jesus on christmas night. the origional order 4 tha wise men 2 go c jesus was from herod. he said that he wanted the wise men 2 go find the child so that herod could kill him. and this journey that they had 2 make could hav taken months. the bible says that when they found the child they presented him with gold mhyrr and frankensence. the key word was child. it didnt say baby or infant it said child. this leads u 2 believe that jesus was at least 7 months old. then when the wise men didnt return herod sent out a decree that every child under 2 years old should b killed. this is another sign that jesus was not just born but was like 7 months old or more.

many conseptions of christmas are wrong. so i believe that u all could very well b right. i was never sayin that u were wrong just that i would like 2 know where u found yer info. every person should question stuff from time 2 time. so rock on

14. sparky69

sparky69 New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I Murder Children VIOLENTLY:
    hey braniac, Christmas is a holiday made up to convert pagan's to christananity.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

uve said that b4 but u still havnt found a way 2 prove it or give me your sorces of where u found it... brainiac

15. sparky69

sparky69 New Member

so there bla!

16. yomamazagreasymofo

yomamazagreasymofo New Member

Spanky, U B 2 fucking retarded 2 even fucking type correctly!

Spanky, U B black????

*What does everyone here figure - Is Sparky a negro or not?*

17. D

D New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by YoMamazAGreasyMoFo:
    Spanky, U B 2 fucking retarded 2 even fucking type correctly!

Spanky, U B black????

*What does everyone here figure - Is Sparky a negro or not?*
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

nigga nigga nigga...

or...

white boy dressed as a nigga... on a mobile phone... txtn his answers 2 the forum.

18. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wank*:
    nigga nigga nigga...

or...

white boy dressed as a nigga... on a mobile phone... txtn his answers 2 the forum.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    that's the kwanzaa spirit!

19. sparky69

sparky69 New Member

where tha hell did that come from?

20. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

where tha hell did that come from?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

whats the scripture where jesus sucks off all the apostles? Jesus was qute the fucking faggot