Negativity

Discussion in 'Complaints, Requests and Suggestions.' started by Nauseous, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

It seems that negativity is not being tolerated around here these days and I'm not sure why.

Fugly... when you created this place it was full of mean spiritedness. This is why you drew people like myself in. It has always been a place to go to dish and receive verbal abuse (in a comical way, of course) as well as make some 'internet friends'. There was a sense of freedom here that I couldn't find anywhere else (believe me, I have tried, especially as of late). And I truly like it here because we are all one big dysfunctional family.

I don't know if you have turned over a new leaf in life or you're bored with this place/some of the people or what, but I feel like the way things used to be is no longer okay and that sucks. Just because we like to talk shit doesn't mean that we are all assholes. Talking shit to each other is what has kept this place entertaining over the years. That and never seeming to be able to stay on topic...

Now, you can delete this thread, or ignore me, or whatever, but at least I don't have to feel like I am 'wasting your time' PMing you and I had to get it off of my chest, so there. :)

2. Disorder

Disorder New Member

I thought it was that (the representives of) Fugly wanted us to be nicer to people so more would be inticed to stay?

I personally am fed up with fighting, I only get riled up when someone takes a personal shot at me.

3. Fugly

Fugly Administrator Staff Member Fugly Staff

Are you writing this to me because I started a game where I asked people to say something nice about someone else?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Go for another hike in the woods or something and stop being insane.

4. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I may be insane, but you talk really fast. You should do auctions.

5. Fugly

Fugly Administrator Staff Member Fugly Staff

I have always talked fast. I don't know why. They used to let kids do the announcements over the PA in elementary school but I could never do it because I talked too fast. The thing is, I don't think I'm talking fast at all.

Oh, and don't ever call here again. :)

6. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Well, you sounded like the micromachine guy's kid. I talk fast sometimes, but you had be all feeling stuttery and dumb.

I went temporarily insane when I called. I really don't tend to call up strangers. I learned my lesson.

7. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I talk fast, too, and it doesn't fit in here in the deep south. What can I say? My processor works faster than some. And I drink coffee in the afternoon.

But it does seem that the comical arguments of which you spoke, do give way to genuine nastiness sometimes. Still, the danger keeps it exciting. It's like Fight Club in here sometimes.

8. legoengineer

legoengineer New Member

I used to come here for the funny pictures. Now I have to post at least once a week to see some of them. What gives?

9. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I think I see a recurring theme here. I talk fast as well. Ditto on the south thing. I have lived in Augusta my entire life and people will ask me on occasion where Im from. Back when I was in High School we'd be hanging out somewhere talking siht and when I got done talking someone would always say "sold".

Pretty funny.

I think my mind works faster as well. Not saying it's all good stuff, just faster stuff.

10. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Since I can no longer edit I believe pukey was referring to the 'be nicer to new users' thing we got a while back. Dwaine took it to heart for about 4 posts. I just took it like a gang initiation. If you could take the pummeling and still come back for more you were welcome, if not good riddance. Like headees friends, they were ubersensitive and left, she stayed because she had a thick skin, and took it in the rear. Plus she told that story about the ant eater and it was pretty funny.