Feeling rain before it comes

Discussion in 'Medical Advice' started by Nauseous, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Does anyone else feel pain before it rains? I fell in the street years ago (I started a thread about it) and ever since then, my knee has been fucked up and it really starts to hurt badly before it rains. My wrist was killing me yesterday and sure enough, it rained.

Do I have arthritis?

2. j412

j412 New Member

Yup, you probably do. I had a doctor tell me it had something to do with barometric pressure and fluid in your joints. I used to rodeo and when the weather changes real fast I eat a lot of ibuprofen. Epsom salts work pretty good too.

3. DrunkenIrish

DrunkenIrish New Member

Ya it can also give certain people migraines. I still get them but it has to be a pretty big change in pressure though.

4. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Hmm... never heard of that.

5. MrBadguy

MrBadguy New Member

Maybe you should apply for a job at the weather channel..

6. luckyginzu

luckyginzu New Member

Exercise

The change in barometric pressure when a weather front is approaching often clues your body in to a drop in pressure - especially with sesitive joints

7. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Yes. I have to water the lawn for hours on end, and my carpal tunnel pained my hands the whole time I was holding my thumb over the tip of the hose...

8. kromany

kromany New Member

Ya it's because the air pressure compresses the joints in the area which makes the liquid between the joints squeeze against the nerves in the area. Thats the dull aching pain you feel.