Sunspots are hurricanes?

Discussion in 'More Serious Topics' started by smurfslappa, Jul 25, 2006.

1. smurfslappa

smurfslappa New Member

The charged particles come out of sunspots which are like giant hurricanes:

The charged particles then try to disperse themselves out amongst their surroundings, sometimes they can't spread out fast enough and this causes it to get backed up, causing massive solar flares:

The massive hurricane that is a sunspot is rotating due to the rotating magnetic field that accompanies them. This is the natural rotating force you'll see everywhere in the Universe. When the charged particles reach the photosphere (they were moving perpendicular to the surface of the Sun) they then being moving parallel to the surface to disperse themselves. This causing tornadoes that are parallel to the surface.

Here's a cool little something I found on Wikipedia:

Boy if I didn't know any better I'd say there was a relationship between that electrified globe and the Sun.

A model of the motion of the solar wind:

2. Totalrecall1982

Totalrecall1982 New Member

You just said if you didn't know any better :p

3. smurfslappa

smurfslappa New Member

I know. Luckily I go to Space.com to learn everything I know about the Universe.

4. Totalrecall1982

Totalrecall1982 New Member

Really? Maybe I should go there instead of these sites with yellow words and a blue background. That’s seems so much more informative with real information :roll:

5. smurfslappa

smurfslappa New Member

The thunderbolts site is better than that one, and they got pretty pictures you can look at. I know you like pictures, man.

http://www.thunderbolts.info

Better than any crappy Space.com

6. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap060807.html

7. Injun Joe 420

Injun Joe 420 New Member

I go there also, lot's of interesting stuff at that site.