Soemthing real to worry about

Discussion in 'More Serious Topics' started by ucicare, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Nursey

Nursey Super Moderator

You need to stop copying people if you want to be 'cool' and 'popular', Barry.

2. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Nursey, Nursey, Nursey. You, of all people, should have been able to discern the hypocrisy of Pimp chastising me with "Try to be civilized in here. If you can't control yourself and act like an adult, stick with the Freedom Of Speech forum." immediately after calling me a "dick."

I think I will waive being cool and popular.

By the way, you seem a little more rational these days. You must be approaching your 30's. Something about the aging process causes us to become more normal as we grow older.

Barry

Barry

3. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

but barry.. i called you a dick for being howwible and uncivilised towards MV

4. smurfslappa

smurfslappa New Member

So the big one cometh, guys.

One of the greatest concerns of mine is over the Australian Continent earthquakes of this past week and whose antipodal counterpart is the southern edge of the North American Plate where it meets the Caribbean Plate, and has in turn begun the movement of lava in both the New Madrid and Northwestern Regions of North America.

In the New Madrid Region this is evidenced by the seismograph readings of this area showing an increasing number of what are called Long Period Events, and are described by the American Government Scientist, Dr. Bernard Chouet, that discovered them as being, "The concept of long-period events was originally used by people at the Hawaiian Volcano Observatory to describe an event that has characteristics distinct from a so-called tectonic earthquake. If you’re looking at a seismogram of a tectonic earthquake, its spectrum is very broad. In contrast, a long-period event has a very, very sharp spectrum, what we call a resonant spectrum. If you compare seismic traces, it’s immediately apparent that the long-period event looks like a ringing bell and the other looks like a mess of all different frequencies piled up on each other. That very, very narrow spectrum is the telltale sign of a resonator. Think of a bell sound. An organ pipe. They’re all different types of resonators in nature."

To the power of Dr. Chouet’s to correctly predict volcanic activity prior to even earthquakes occurring by the detection of these Long Period Events has been reported on many times in the worlds media, such as the BBC’s program titled ‘Volcano Hell’, and wherein they stated about this American Scientists discovery, "This is the story of a signal with the power to save lives. It is a line on a graph that scientists had puzzled over for years not knowing what it meant. Then a man announced that he had uncovered its secret. The line, he said, was a volcano speaking to him. He believed it would lead him to a scientific Holy Grail - understanding when a volcano would erupt, but not everyone was convinced. What followed would shatter the world of volcanology and destroy lives."

And to the destroying of lives seems to be the intent of our Military Leaders as they are intent upon the protection of our elite citizens and Military Resources but have yet to begin the mass movements from the areas most likely to be effected, and instead are simply mailing out ‘booklets’, and not even to all of our citizens, and as we can read as reported by the Associated Press News Service in their article titled "USGS Publishes Earthquake Book" and which says, "Workers at the U.S. Geological Survey in Menlo Park are busy mailing out what could be life-saving handbooks designed to help people who live in the Bay Area survive a natural disaster. The book called "Putting Down Roots in Earthquake Country" tells folks what to do before, during and after a quake."

Growing concern has also been voiced by our scientist about the Northwest Regions of the United States where evidences for a cataclysmic event continue to grow, and as we can read from these various reports from that area:

As reported by the scientists at Physorg.com in their article titled "Bulge in Central Oregon may be a volcano" and which says, "Scientists studying a land bulge near Bend, Ore., think a new volcano may be forming. A group from the U.S. Geological Survey is studying the swelling in Earth's crust. It is nearly two-thirds the size of Portland, Oregon."

As reported by the Canadian CNNews Service in their article titled "The Big One cometh, but our scientists are ready" and which says, "John Cassidy, research scientist at Natural Resources Canada, says Vancouver Island is being shaken by small quakes every two weeks; a discovery that actually helps scientists. "The area that's being affected is like being hit by a very slow earthquake with a magnitude of 6.5," said Cassidy. "People can't feel it but it's adding energy that's being stored up in pressure points of the North American fault." Instead of being fearful though, Cassidy says the discovery will help predict earthquakes along the fault."

As reported by the MSNBC News Service in their article titled "Slow seismic slip begins in Pacific Northwest" and which says, "An important seismic event imperceptible to humans has begun in the Pacific Northwest as predicted, according to the government agency Geological Survey of Canada. The chance of a major earthquake is 30 times higher now for a roughly two-week period, but the odds are still remote, scientists say."

And even as these, and many more, evidences mount for the growing cataclysmic changes soon to occur in the United States, it is not to our Military Leaders to prepare for the saving of our citizen's lives, but is instead towards gathering to themselves even greater dictatorial powers, and as we can read as reported by the Hearst News Service in their article titled “Bush says he may need more power in disasters" and which says:

"President Bush on Monday urged Congress to examine whether the White House needs stronger powers to deal with catastrophes like Hurricane Katrina. Bush’s backing for the congressional inquiry raised the possibility that lawmakers might expand presidential authority to: • Order mandatory civilian evacuations • Dispatch U.S.-based armed forces for emergency search-and-rescue operations • Grant wider leeway for active-duty U.S. military personnel to carry out law enforcement operations. “It’s really important that as we take a step back and learn lessons — that we are in a position to adequately answer the question: ‘Are we prepared for major catastrophes?”

To the American people believing that our elected representatives would protect us against this massive internal power grab by our Military Leaders they would be mistaken, and as we can read as reported by the Reuters News Service in their article titled "US senator urges Pentagon to review disaster role" and which says:

"The head of the Senate Armed Services Committee on Wednesday urged the Pentagon to review laws that limit the use of U.S. troops to restore order after a disasters like Hurricane Katrina or a terror attack. "The only entity in the United States that has the personnel, the equipment, the training and the logistical capacity to lend support to the National Guard and other state entities in an emergency of this scale is the Department of Defense," Virginia Republican Sen. John Warner told Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld in a letter released by his office."

Not even are they able to anymore see the glaring and alarming contradictions among our Military Leaders and Allies of Death and Destruction either. Where the British Fascist Leader Blair threatened his own people with Military Force over their protests of fuel prices ("Blair will bring in Army to beat fuel blockade"), the much freer nation of France instead threatened the oil companies. ("British fuel protests fizzle as France gets tough")

The perverted logic of our peoples can be seen by the words of the British Intelligence Leader echoing his American counterparts, and as we can read as reported by the Reuters News Service in their article titled "UK spy chief warns of civil liberties sacrifice" and which says, "The head of Britain's security services has warned that civil liberties across the world may have to be sacrificed to prevent future terrorist attacks."

But without any doubt our people themselves have fallen the furthest from not only the once great ideals we shared, but also the words from one of our forefathers, Benjamin Franklin, who had passed onto us these words, “They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

As the once great United States dissolves around its sleeping people, we will soon awaken into a nightmare for our having failed to understand those words, or perhaps more importantly, to live by them.

5. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

But she likes abuse, so it is really positive attention.
    Being the masochist she is, I am just meeting needs there buddy.
    What are friends for, huh?

Barry

6. MEDICVET

MEDICVET New Member

by the way, bar...

I got a letter from the VA yesterday. I am now officially 100% service connected!!!!!!!!

which means that not just the social security administration but the veterans adminstration both agree that I am totally fucking nuts. Which means that I think pretty soon I will make the leap..all the way..for poor..to LOWER MIDDLE CLASS..WHOA.

here's the catch 22..ya gotta love the irony of this. having less money worrys will probably help get some of my symptoms under control, or at least be less pervasive than they currently are. So once I'm better, I get a smaller percentage (they didn't rule it permanent, which means I go up for yearly reviews for now, anyways), which adds to my stress level, which makes me freak out cus on top of everything else I just can't cope, which means I am more mental, which means I get a higher service connection rating..

ad infinitum.

I really gotta go read some joseph heller again..I'm in the mood for some reason. ;)

But seriously, it is awesome news..because for me..it is VALIDATION. I have it from the people that fucked me up that I'm fucked up. So the fact that a bunch of people with less of a life than me thought I was making shit up ...well, if they thought I was 'defrauding' Uncle Sam before, they REALLY need to call up that fraud hotline now!!!

What really pisses them off is I won't give them what they want. And now I know I could. But I won't anyway, because I'm just that much of a spiteful bitch. But it feels so much better being bitchy about it than being paranoid that the govt would see all hear all know all and I wouldn't get my service connection out of some weird twisted paranoid blackmail scheme I used to think the govt might actually pull.

Now I realize that the govt is too fucking big to really give a shit about what I say or know. So I have no fear of revealing units and dates and shit all those fuckers wanted.

But I'm not gonna..just outta sheer spite..cus I already got all the validation I will ever need. So I get free parking and everything, since I'm validated. :p

what was I saying again???

7. Schmed

Schmed New Member

You were saying that a bunch of hard working Americans tax dollars are paying for you to get fatter and use the internet.

8. MEDICVET

MEDICVET New Member

yeah, that.

9. smurfslappa

smurfslappa New Member

If one good thing comes out of this apocalypse, it's that the fat asses will be trimmed of our fucking country's back.

10. Schmed

Schmed New Member

Later medivet.

11. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

SCHMEDLY, SUCCINCT.

Succinct \suhk-SINGKT\, adjective:
    Characterized by compressed precise expression with no wasted words; brief; concise, to the point.

Barry

12. MEDICVET

MEDICVET New Member

sorry to disappoint, but am not getting fatter..have actually been losing weight. hate to say it, but it's true. hope I don't devastate people too much by saying that. oh and I'm also attending my group therapy which is supposed to be weekly at least once a month, which is when I can. Just saying this to let anyone who wants to know that as sick as I am, I am not as sick as some on here, because I recognize my limitations, and am striving to overcome them. If being less sick means that I get less money, fuck that, I would rather do it.

still wuv ya, bar. :p

and pimp, you can be mine, anytime :wink:

13. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

I love you too Medic, but I have to warn you:

If you hook up with Pimp, use a condom.

Barry

14. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

christ on a bike i hope my appetite comes back :(

15. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Actually Pimp I was looking out for you with the condom recommendation.

Barry

16. Jarhed

Jarhed New Member

You should take the kid to grandmas and sit in the bathtub and slit your wrists.

17. torn

torn New Member

Once you acheive this "less sickness," are you going to get a job so we don't have to support you anymore?

18. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Well Barry you actually had a good idea for a thread. Seems we as an open society are very vulnerable to a large scale epidemic if either by nature or other means. I do not know a whole lot about the topic but it seems that trying to fight a pandemic situation here at the same time as dealing with our current woes would be awfully hard on the economy.

Seems I remember reading a thread that led me to believe you may be someone who works in the medical field. Maybe it was as a pharmacist? I may be totally wrong.

19. MEDICVET

MEDICVET New Member

How many of you take the threat of a bird flu pandemic seriously, for real?