Panic Attacks suck

Discussion in 'Medical Advice' started by Nauseous, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Weird death like experience

I have had a ton of panic attacks in my life. The always start for no apparent reason and no certain place. I have had them at stores, work, in the car, home. They always last forever. Like at least an hour or so.

Today's was no different. I got it at work about 15 min before I was to leave. I bailed 5 min early and came home. My two male dogs have been acting like they are getting sick which has had me freaked out and not sleeping (good precursors for a panic attack). I came home, let everyone out (during my panic attack) and one of them was having explosive diarrhea all over the yard. I went out and cleaned it up, and got a stool sample to take to the vet. The neighbors were out, the dogs were barking and I'm getting even more stressed because no one would listen to me. Finally I get everyone in and I take my bp/pulse... BP was 114/79 pretty decent considering I had been picking up piles of shit and screaming my head off... all whilst during a panic attack... Pulse was 140. That tells me that it's a moderate attack, my pulse has been much higher. Take a beta blocker for the heart rate, diarrhea dog looks like he needs to go out, so everyone busts out the door and more chaos. My heart is beating faster and harder, whole upper body is lurching, my stomach is burning and my chest is getting really tight and I feel weird. At this point, I want to die just so it would be all over. I manage to get diarrhea dog and barking head off dog inside and leave the quiet playing ones out and lay down on the living room floor.

This is where it got weird. My heart was no longer what I would call beating... it was more like vibrating, or beating like hummingbird wings, so fast that it can't be measured. I only have had that happen a few other times. I lay down and it's vibrating and then I feel this BOOM! hard, heartbeat and then nothing for a second, I felt the color leaving my face, I'm hoping it was check out time, I close my eyes and BOOM, BOOM, nothing BOOM... it's beating really erratic like maybe the beta blocker was trying it's best to work. I lay there some more, decide that I wasn't going to die and that I wanted a new area rug and my heart returns to a rapid, yet normal pace.

I dunno if it was just a panic attack or what, but I thought it was curtains for me. But I lived, rushed my dog to the vet, got him on some Flagyl and then my other dog puked in the yard.

So I have all these theories that my neighbors are poisoning them, the vet poisoned them last week when they went for their annual exams, the pet food is poisoned. I have been feeding them homeade food since yesterday. I'm really losing my shit over them. They are my life. I probably have an unhealthy neurotic obsession with them. I've even thought that somehow I was poisoning them in my sleep.

Sorry to anyone who read all my drama, I had to get this out.

I took some Epstein test to see if you need mental health care and I got:

Depression
    Phobia

Social Phobia
    Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
    Generalized Anxiety Disorder
    Anxiety Disorder

http://doyouneedtherapy.com/

2. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

quick change in food will cause the poop problem. I dont know much about panic attacks... but I hate it that you are having them. if you need to talk, give me a call

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I changed the food after they acted weird. Bought a new bag (same stuff I always get) on Friday, Gus had been having pudding poop for a few days and then vomited Friday night (same old symptoms he was having before he was Dx with hookworms) went to chicken and rice and a pepcid before bed, no vomit, solid stools, K-mo started having diarrhea Monday morning, and dryheaved Monday morning, chicken and rice didn't make him solid, the D just got more watery. Took poop in from Gus, came back no worms. Will find out about K-mo's poop test in the next day or so. Vet didn't seemed too concerned.

Last week, Remi's mini chem panel came back with low thyroid, vet said just watch her, she might have just had a low thyroid day since she didn't have any of the symptoms but Sun-Mon she was not playful (but it was shitty out and she HATES rain), so I started freaking out. Today she played all afternoon. I think she puked because with all of the drama, she didn't get lunch and she got over acidic in her gut, so she ate grass. She just threw up slimy grass, acted fine and ate her dinner just fine a few hours ago. So I am crossing my fingers.

4. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

man you make me look like a shitty dog mom.... I mean mine get cheap food... I switched to Old Roy Walmart crap... they eat 100 lbs a week... it is thrown into large underbed storage container, ... I just keep it full... fresh water, and table scraps. They get ivermectin for HW prevention.. like everyother month... and I think no one has had a vaccine in like 3+ years.

today I found myself wishing old ass Ruffus would hurry up and die... I do not trust him with the baby. He acts like a damn puppy and this Father's day will be 2 years I have had him... the owner that turned him in said he almost 9 - 2 years ago.. Oh and Deedee I have wished for her death since day one.

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I love your dogs and have never even met them. Brian reminds me of Remi.

If you lived closer, I would totally take DeeDee. She'd get a long with Bebe. Bebe is bitchy and loves to bark.

6. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

I can ship her fat ass to you... she is the sweetest dog.. inside. but out side she just barks non stop.

7. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I don't think you need therapy I think you need an EKG

Also your dogs sense your stress big time. They see hear and smell things mere humans do not.

I do not know if it is all in your head or not but it seems an EKG is in order to identify an irregularity.

Have you ever had to wear a recording device to measure heart rate, vitals and such that records throughout the day? Hospitals have that they would call me to fix them from time to time when they had problems uploading data.

8. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

No, I haven't done any of that. The weird thing is the very next day, my dad started having chest pains and shortness of breath and had to go to the ER and now has to have a heart catheritization and he's got some other stuff going on too, so I have been totally stressing. I don't care about many people, but the ones I do care about I obsess about and when I worry, I get sick so I can't eat and keep losing weight which I don't want to lose. Gastroenterologist won't give me any meds and I can't even get an appt for weeks, so he's done. Got a letter that my GP is closing his practice, so he's done. When it rains, it pours. Calgon take me away!!!!! :eek:

9. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

What a bummer sorry to hear about your troubles. My prescription is check your vacation time. You need a guy to make all the arangements, a reliable person to watch the house and pets. And a nice quiet get away if only for a few days.

10. Homewrecker

Homewrecker New Member

I told her I would watch the dogs as soon as that black and white one gives me back my legs.

11. zuna02

zuna02 New Member

I don't understand what you mean?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2011