"New" Music Picks.............

Discussion in 'Music' started by Lomotil, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

New to me... Yes, I know, been out for a while... If you haven't heard of 'em, check it out.

Sick Puppies - Tri-Polar
    -one radio song, like it, prompts me to check 'em out - turns out they did an intro song for the Street Fighter IV game. Haven't played the game, but now I've heard the song. 4 songs through the album so far, and I like what I'm hearing. Puts me of mind of Nickelback, but with a more vengeful message.

Devil Driver
    5 albums out so far, heavier than what you'd typically hear on the radio, and certainly worth a listen. I recommend "Hold Back the Day," from their second album, "The Fury of Our Maker's Hand," as an example of their style, then check out their fifth, "Prey for Villains." Honestly, I like most every album they've put out.

And for something fresh and irreverent, I point to the Tiger Lillies, and their fantastic live performance of their song, "Banging in the Nails!" Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5wL3Y0Hi3U

2. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

All I needed to see was that you mentioned Nickelback and I lost all interest.

You don't like them, do you????!!! :confused:

3. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

There's a couple songs of theirs I like from the new album. Admittedly, I was familiar with the band name previously, yet couldn't link any song to them by memory. A year or so ago, I made an mp3-CD for someone whom was out after spending a few years in prison, and it had that album on it, and one song really "spoke to him" - so, because of that, I gave the whole album a second listen.

And, yeah. I like some of it.

4. Cousin Geri

Cousin Geri New Member

you want to know how I know you are gay.....

5. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Sorry, I won't let you suck my dick.

6. Dilaudid Daisy

Dilaudid Daisy New Member

I LOVE NICKELBACK !!! one of my all time Faves . I am so in love with Chad Kroeger the lead singer. Great band, lyrics are full of meaning.

7. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

8. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I like that one. Poetry. "Animals" is great, too. Good old, guitar driven, sex laden, rock like it's supposed to be. I'll take that over Lady Gag(a) any day.

9. Homewrecker

Homewrecker New Member

You are such a homo.

10. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

Oh Bee Gees..... where hath you gone....

11. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

For some reason I have Peter Frampton in my head and I can't stand Peter Frampton. :mad:

12. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Thats it I think I'll go buy a Nickelback CD

13. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

Ahhh come on sweets! Frampton rocks!

14. Cousin Geri

Cousin Geri New Member

I have no clue who nickelback is... I just know I see little dorky kids wearing the T shirts

15. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

You aren't missing anything. I could throw them in a blender with Linkn Park, Puddle of Mudd, Blink 182 and the rest of them.

16. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I don't think that made any sense, but I pictured throwing them all in a huge blender made for humans.

17. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Hey, whatever does it for you... I'm sure there's either a Time Life compilation CD set, or something comparable from K-Tel that will suit your needs...

18. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

It'd be more of a NOW! compilation. Time Life is above that shit.

19. Cousin Geri

Cousin Geri New Member

I picked up an old school booty mix CD the other day ... I love it .. Rob Base -... House of Pain, Gucci Crew, and Run DMC. it rocks. BM keeps making fun of it.

20. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

That's pretty bad if your shit starts talking shit. Tough shit, eh?