FAX machine HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Nauseous, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I don't know if you can do this or not, but here's the prob:

I am trying to send a fax to a answering machine that has the capabilty of accepting faxes. But the douchbag's message is forever long and my fax machine times out and hangs up before I get the chirp to send the fax (must have the same patience level as myself). Is there any way you can change the settings to prolong the amount of time your fax machine will wait for a response? I can't seem to find anything on the TX settings just poking around on it. Still looking for the manual.

2. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Found the manual, but it was no help.

I just plugged in the old fax machine and used it. Went right through.

3. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I know this is too late and all, but the fax is supposed to send a tone (like a beeep) when it dials, to alert the other end that it is a fax. If he has an answering machine/service, it should recognize it. Ive actually seen systems that would allow you to receive a fax to a Voice Mail, then forward it to a fax machine, pretty cool. The tone would alert the mailbox that it was a fax and there it goes.

4. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I worked with some fax machines at a hospital that had an adjustment to wait for a tone. Cannot remember. Also on modems back in the Hyperterminal days you used to put commas before the number and each comma was an extra second of time to wait for a tone. I don't suppose that helps but I think its possible.

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I don't know what the deal was. The old Brother worked just fine, but the new Canon was like, "WTF? I'm not waiting around on this BS."

The old fax did the little beeps and it went through, the new one didn't. I think it just waits for the chirp and lets loose and doesn't do those little impatient beeps. I dunno. It always does that with those answering machine faxes... sits there and listens to half of the message and hangs up and redials.

It's this one (If memory serves me correctly):

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=124&modelid=17450

6. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

http://www.bing.com/search?q=Wait+for+fax+tone&form=OSDSRC

Found this review of a Canon fax on Amazon.

By Daniel Lackowski (Glenview, IL USA) - See all my reviews
    (REAL NAME)
    This Cannon fax is a good stylish machine that produced clean fast faxes. It has a major drawback in my application in that it always answers the call on the second ring making it the primary device in my system. I use the fax on my office land line which has an answering machine as part of the phone system. I need to have the fax wait for me to answer the phone (or the answering machine answer) befor the fax picks up. The fax machine also needs to automatically take the fax from the answering machine when the fax tone is recieved. I know this is a specific function, but I need it to work this way. The Cannon unit won't do what I need, so it is now in my son's office, and I purchased a Sharp UXB700E which has an adjustable number of rings befor answering. This solves my problem.
    One more note, it is unnecessarily complicated to print stored faxes should you run out of paper.

HEY HERE IS AN IDEA.

Send it manually

Manual Sending -ICMF 4270

Manual Sending

Use manual sending when you want to talk to the recipient before sending a document, or if the recipient does not have a fax machine that can receive automatically.

- You cannot use the platen glass for manual sending.
    - You cannot use group dialing for manual sending.

1. Connect an external telephone to the machine if you want to talk to the recipient before sending a document.

2. Load the document in the ADF.

3. Press <FAX>.

4. Press <Hook> or pick up the handset of your external telephone.
    If you press <Hook>, you can temporarily adjust the monitor tone volume with <> and <>.

5. Dial the recipient's fax/telephone number.

Make sure to confirm the dial tone before entering a fax number. If you enter the number before the dial tone can be heard, the call may not connect, or the wrong number may be dialed.

6. Talk through the handset to the recipient.
    If you press [Hook] in step 4, you can pick up the handset when you hear the recipient's voice.
    If you hear a high-pitched signal instead of the recipient's voice, go to step 8.

7. Ask the recipient to set their fax machine to receive faxes.

8. When you hear a high-pitched signal, press [Start], then hang up the handset.

7. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Thanks. :) That's a lot of work. I might try it though. Using the old fax didn't take up too much time. Luckily that doesn't happen too often.

8. martin12

martin12 New Member

While surfing net to get data related to projects of 111 i came here and find this web different one...i found useful information at here...There are certainly many different posts at here...And this one also seems to me different one!

9. GreenRanger

GreenRanger New Member

just throw a cheezburger at it, trust me it'll help.