04 F-250 SuperDuty 4x4 Crew Cab

Discussion in 'Cars' started by phatboy, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Wait. Didn't you say you don't need the dark tint for the backseat anymore?

BTW: I'd PM you, but my box is full and I haven't bothered to clean it out. Need to redo the tint on the back of the Mazda, as it's bubbling. Fucking place in town wanted a hundred dollars for one fucking window! Any advice?

2. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Yep.

Its gonna sound funny, but with the rear defroster it is a pain in the ass to remove. Go to Lowes, get a big black trashbag, or some small ones, get some window cleaner that is loaded up with ammonia. Also, look for a white scotch brite pad. Go home, hose down the back glass with windex or whatever 'Heavy in ammonia' window cleaner you got, then take a black trashbag or two and lay it against the glass (on the inside). what this does is keep the heat on the back glass. the ammonia eats the glue (why tint turns purple) and will make it a ton easier to remove. You use the scoth brite pads because the defroster, you want to keep it working (in most cases). Park the car with the back window in the sun.
    Go back periodically and coat it again, lots of windex, or whatever, keep it wet. Tint is porous and the ammonia will seep into the glue.

That is probably why the shop wanted so much, it is a pain in the ass to clean off, and keep the defrost working.

Once you get the tint good and splotchy you should be able to pick at it with your fingernails. thats the best way to get the film off. Use the white scotchbrite to remove the glue (it is nasty and will look like snot).

3. phatboy

phatboy New Member

The more I drive this truck the more I like it. It is freaking pimp. I am thinking it was a repo. There is no way someone would trade in this truck and leave all their stuff in it. The over the top stuff it has:

2 10" Fosgate subs
    Rockford Fosgate Punch 250 Amp
    Fosgate cross-over
    7" in dash LCD DVD touch screen Nav Sat ready Panasonic head unit.

SuperChips 6 stage tuner

Magnaflow 4" Exhaust

K&N FIPK AirFilter

I am like a kid in a candy store.

4. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I would change the look if I were you. If the previous owner happens to see it on the street they are likely either try to rob some of their stuff back or just vandalize it to spite the person who got it. Drug dealers are funny that way.

5. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I've already removed the flames. :)

The chrome ventshades are next. Then I got to lighten up the front windows before I run over somebody. The owner was from South Georgia, so it would take a lot for him to locate me, then if he messes with my truck he will have a hard time finding his way home.

6. daviddwillson

daviddwillson New Member

I dont care for the flames either, but I am 62% sure they are vinyl, so if they are I will pull them off. The tint is super dark. It's two layers, looks like they went 20% then put a layer of 5% on top of that. Its like riding around in a closet. There is a bug guard on the front that I am going to pull off, and I am pulling the pipe things off the bed. You cant see it from the picture but the bed has a red rhino liner in it, on the side of the bed are, yes, silver flames, under the bed rails there are some kind of lights, so at night if you cut the lights on the flames 'light up'.

7. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Phatboy is back! :confused: