Why every home should have a weapon

Discussion in 'More Serious Topics' started by Joeslogic, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

2. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Drugs all around. Count on it. Anyone with that level of security, that level of resonse, and that many people trying to invade with weapons knew what was coming.

DRUGS BABY. No heros in this video. Only criminals.

3. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

You know Barry I figured the same thing actually. He had the cameras and was waiting and saw it happening and there may have been more than one person in the home armed and ready.

But that does not support my point damn it!

:cool:

4. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I'm armed. Not as heavy as Lomo, but I am armed. I hope I never have to shoot anyone. I can't imagine some scums blood and brains all over my house. That would really piss me off.

5. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

I am becoming a fan of random acts of violence. Against deserving populations, of course.

6. Lyseria

Lyseria New Member

We have a ton of weapons around my house..though they're not guns, we just have a shit ton of battle axes, swords, flails...most of them battle ready.

Flip off the lights and BAM - No one knows your house better then you.

7. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Me too! Do you have any idea how involved it is, in this day and age, to disappear a person's carcass? :rolleyes: Not to mention how pissed off I'd be having to fix/repair/replace any collateral damaged belongings at my pad.

It wouldn't be enough that they would never find out what happened to the poor bastard, I'd probably still be pissed off enough to go after the intruder's family and friends, just as retribution to cover my material inconvenience.

I can't help but think of a rather awkward scene in the second Kill Bill movie.

Oh... How fucking true this is.

Unless you count the cat. :)

8. RedMist

RedMist New Member

I live near Dayton, Ohio. Everyday in Dayton there are reports of home invasion, drug deals gone bad, convenience stores being robbed. With the economy the way it is and people hard up for work and money, the rate of crime has risen! I also have guns in my home and I dont want to use them, but given the opportunity I will. Im going to apply for my concealed carry permit soon. I also want to be protected out on the street. Just like the bad asses.

9. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Hey Red I had a Marine buddy of mine from the Dayton area he played ball for the Marine Corps Softball team.

You are right to be thinking about keeping yourself armed against a home invasion. I could tell you some great strategic places to hide them so as not to get them stolen or used against yourself or family by an invade and be available quickly when needed.

But I will not I use the really good ones already.

Just be creative and think about every possible scenario. As for concealed carry. Don't necessarily fall for the big firepower defense. If its to big or to heavy quite simply you won't. You will at first as a novelty thing and then when its convenient in the winter and such. But consider what you would want to carry on a hot summer day shorts and a t-shirt scenario. Shoulder harness and a S&W featherlight 38spl. Even a derringer and the element of surprise at least you have it when you need it.

10. Reizvolles

Reizvolles Active Member

Just about every self-defence weapon here is illegal. Even mace and tasers. The police force may have their tasers taken away after just getting them, because it hurts the criminals, apparently. God I hate this backwards country at times!

11. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Australia has always been one of the most intriguing countries for me personally. I'd love to go there for an extended vacation if I were to ever come across the money and time. It is a shame to hear about some of the issues they have there though. Same as for Jolly good old England especially with all the strict regulations.

12. Reizvolles

Reizvolles Active Member

Well, I am not against one being able to protect themselves from iniquitous people, but I am against giving high-powered automatic weapons to anyone and everyone. Considering that most assaults happen within close proximity of a person, you're generally not going to be able to pull a HK416 out of your tiny little Louis Vuitton designer handbag. If I was packing, I'd have something like a sweet little Glock 39 waiting for them. As for needing them for hunting, what sort of fucking beasts are you hunting that require you to fire over 6 or more slugs a second into it??

13. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Understand your point.

I understand though that the Swiss require each household to have a weapon of such that you speak. They have very little crime there.

14. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

You have a Constitutional Amendment backing your right to "bear arms" - what do you need a permit for?

15. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Funny... Spoken from someone that inhabits an area of the globe that started it's human intervention as the evolution of a former British prison colony, you would seem a likely candidate for support of arming a society before it becomes too late to fight an overly oppressive, authoritative, or otherwise infringing government.

16. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I'm still looking for an actual citizen-issue "Swiss Army Knife," come to think of it...

17. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Don't get me wrong, I like the Glock 39. Not the biggest fan of the .45 GAP round (it almost seems like Glock was really trying to get their name on a caliber - let's face it, they just shaved a little bit off the .45 ACP, and put their own name on it. But I'll admire the firearm for what it is, and what they meant to achieve with it.

Personally, I do not own any shitty name-brand Louis Vuitton merchandise, but if I were a slave to fashion and status quo, I would certainly employ the use of a Ruger LCP chambered in .380 Auto (9x17mm) - biggest bang for the buck (which you obviously don't give two shits about if you bought that name-brand crap at full retail, or even the fake shit at over-inflated flea market prices, for that matter) - and the greatest return on a 'concealable' firearm.

You can skimp when it comes to shitty accessories to drag around with you at the bus stop or the mall - but when it comes to guns, don't settle for the Kel-Tec LCP... Insist on the quality name brand version..

*This is actually ironic, since Kel-Tec designed the gun to begin with, and the Ruger model is actually the first high-quality version of that original design to appear. The rest are total shit.

18. Reizvolles

Reizvolles Active Member

I'm seriously thinking of getting a concealed weapons licence. I know there are ways to get them, even in this penal colony.

OK, shut the fuck up about my fashion sense and your lack thereof, and tell me what I should be packing if not a Glock 39? I just think it's a gorgeous gun. It has to match my style too. When is one of these firearms manufactures going to realise that people with fashion sense want a little protection too? And I don't mean rubbers, baby.

And fuck tasers. If someone wants to mess with me and my right to live or my right to not be raped, I am going to shoot to kill.

19. Reizvolles

Reizvolles Active Member

If you want to reply, I have started a new thread that needs your expert advice.

20. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

...which bears a complete hour of my attention in it's response. Please be advised that by reading my response alone, you have bound yourself to an unwritten contract that grants me authority to order you to bear three of my children, and have them sold into a life of servitude, to the highest bidder.

And let me tell you, those kids don't come cheap, woman... ;)