Ever heard of the West Memphis Three?

Discussion in 'More Serious Topics' started by moremetal4mepls, Aug 23, 2008.

1. moremetal4mepls

moremetal4mepls New Member

Interesting case, there is also a documentary on it, Paradise Lost part 1 & 2.
    When I watched the first one, there was no doubt in my mind these boys were guilty as hell. But with the second one and all the reading up I have done on it, I have changed my mind. This is a case a failed judicial system, shoddy police work and many ruined lifes. But there may be a light @ the end of the tunnel for these 3 boys convicted of murder.

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

2. Icenhour

Icenhour New Member

I have both - one VHS- one DVD... I read the book - I love how Damian has found Jesus in Jail.... Seems like everyone finds Jesus there.... wonder why Jesus is always hangin out in prisons .

I go back and fourth on what I think about the case. I know this sounds cruel but even if they did not do it... they would have probably ended up in a jail for something else anyway.

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Good point. The step-father of that one boy is a total mental case.

4. moremetal4mepls

They quite possibly would of ended up in jail for something else. But I believe they are innocent of this crime, and for the actual murderer of these three little boys to be free to do it again, well it just eats at my ass.

I mean come on, there has been 2 sets of DNA found on Stevie Branch that do not belong to any of the 3 boys found guilty. And the sexual mutilation of the little boys has been found to be caused by animals. With this and other evidence that has came to light they should be given a new, fair trial this time.

5. Icenhour

Icenhour New Member

the boys were not the sharpest tools in the shed- they probably would have ended up with a meth lab and 8 kids each.

I did not know they found the sexual mutilation was caused by animals.... Last I heard it was done with a tiny sharp object - that kinda pointer to the step dad

tons of people spent their lives in prison for crimes they did not commit ... the Atlanta child murders that happened when I was a kid...we lived WAY out in the country - my father found a big redneck ripping the green bloody carpet from his new van on our long dirt road (near the Chattahoochee river- when many bodies were found) ... this was right after they announced green fibers were found on a few. But since it was all black kids, they did not want a race riot - so they pinned it on a black man Wayne Williams.
    My dad called the police- no one showed up for 2 days...so he took the carpet to the police- along with full description, tag, and everything... they told him to get that crap away from them...

6. moremetal4mepls

I've read up on that case as well, thats crazy about your dad actually seeing that and taking it to the police and their attitude towards it. I realize that 2 may spend the rest of their lives in jail and Damion the death penality.
    It just amazes me of how evidence can be overlooked in cases like these two we have spoken of.

7. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

The police are usually responsible for crimes being unsolved. Most criminals aren't that damn smart and most cops are crooked.

I watched Paradise Lost 1 and 2 again a few months ago and I was left with the impression that the documentary was slightly bias.

I don't get why Damian embraced (before he claimed innocence) the fact that people thought of him as a killer and being feared by little children like the "boogieman". That doesn't seem like an innocent person to me.

Again, the step-father was a piece of work. He was such a drama queen.

8. moremetal4mepls

I think it was due to him not realizing how serious the charges against him were, he thought that since he was innocent he would be set free. He was not that bright to begin with as far as common sense goes he was kinda fucked. He acted out what he was, a young pompous kid who everyone thought of as "bad". So he was playing the part, what young kid doesnt want to be known as a bad ass..But to be put to death because you lack common sense and a decent education is kinda extreme.

As far as John Mark Byers goes, he is an attention whore who was eating it up on camera.

9. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I had a few laughs on him though.

Didn't the documentary start leading you to believe that Byers did it and then in the end it turned out to be one of the other children's step fathers?

10. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Would you say the West Memphis Three are similar to the Jenna 6?

I havent looked into it much, will do this evening at home, but not sure if the new thing is to name a group and then throw a number on the end of it.

11. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

No. Nothing like that. Three boys accused of murdering 3 younger boys.

12. phatboy

phatboy New Member

That the one where they said they mutilated the genitalia, but later it was said that it looked like animals did it?

13. moremetal4mepls

Oh hell yeah, me too. He does comes off as one creepy mother fucker. Acting all smug and shit. I thought for sure he was guilty. Now he is speaking out for the boys convicted.

14. Piggy Piggy

Piggy Piggy New Member

Aw them boyz is famus aroun theze here partz. I think they'ze innocent tho. I yousta not...but I do now.

15. Gibbyhaynesbrowneye

Gibbyhaynesbrowneye New Member

No the Jena 6 is nothing like West Memphis Three. WM3 is a straight up jacking of justice. Proof that money buys freedom and our country is still wondering around with its head up its ass. Seriously they just grabbed 3 kids off the street and screwed up their lives. There are so many jobs and livlihoods riding on this I dont think a fair trial will ever be had for these dudes.
    The law in this case know they fucked up and when they saw the error instead of saying we were wrong they just kept going. Phil Spector can take a fucking hand cannon to a womans head and not do a day. And justice for all, my ass!

Damn now I done got riled! Someone soft and sweet needs to hold me!

16. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

17. moremetal4mepls

18. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

19. moremetal4mepls

Well sorry to have to tell you that she has put on quite a bit of weight, she now spends all her time with her ass morfed to the bed.
    But go on ahead and get you some luvin!!!

http://www.aayatiin.net/nin buuran2.jpg

20. Piggy Piggy

Piggy Piggy New Member

Let's not forget Ronald Ward...

R.I.P.