Do people really "blackout"?

Discussion in 'Drinking' started by Nauseous, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I always thought it was a way to excuse shitty behavior.

What do you think?

2. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Im not sure if I'd call it a blackout, but I have woken up and have pieces of the previous night be gone from memory.

As in 'Did I pay my tab last night?'

"Why are there M&M crumbs and a fat chick in bed with me...?"

"Wheres my shoes?"

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

My friend's roommate supposedly got so messed up that he got naked in bed with him. The guy claims to be straight. I'm not buying it. I have been drunk and I knew what I was doing at the time. I don't buy the whole "blackout" thing. It's like people taking so many pills that they pass out. What a waste of damn pills.

4. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I dont think I believe that story either.

Ive never done anything that 'i really didnt want to' when I was drunk. It might have lowered my standards to a questionable level, but I would imagine you would pass out long before being beligerent enough to 'accidentaly' get in the bed with someone.

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Yep. I believe that guy is gayer than a picnic basket.

6. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I was told about some things I did the first (and only) time I tried PGA. Some time later, some of the images returned to my memory like blurry flashbacks but not all of it. Still, I had the wherewithall to puke outside instead of on myself and the couch like my girlfriend did the previous night.

As they say (whoever "they" are): "I've never gone to bed with an ugly chick, but I've woke up with some."

Fortunately, booze made a few girls along my way lower their standards, too.

7. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

What is PGA?

8. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Pure Grain Alcohol 190 proof.

9. Reizvolles

Reizvolles Active Member

I always remember what I did, though for the life of me I can't work out why I did it.

10. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Gross. What possessed you to drink that?

11. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Just thought of a funny quote from a tv show:

Alcohol, as they say, it makes you let down your prohibitions.

12. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Everclear, GemClear, Golden Grain.

Quick fast and in a hurry.

When I was 18 or so we snatched a bunch of bottles of MD from the local winn dixie. That stuff was so crap we ended up funneling it.

Long night.

Worse drunk ever was 'Cisco'. Something about cheap wine is so degrading.

Well when I drank that bottle of aftershock, that was pretty bad drunk too. I knew what was going on, I just couldnt do anything about it. Its a bad feeling when your arms and legs quick working and all you hear is somebody saying, "you cant take him back to the base like that...." Of course my breath smelled like cinnamon all night, so that was a plus....

13. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Peer pressure? We made a vat of hunch punch with the PGA and some juices and fruit pieces. I added a capful (or 2) to each of my cups of the stuff thinking it wasn't strong enough for me.

I was wrrrr.....I was wrrrr.....wrrrrong.

14. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I hate being drunk.

15. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Yeah, I like a 3-beer buzz. I try to maintain that but it's a precarious balancing act. I tried Friday night but the four magaritas tipped me off the beam.

16. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Did you get the spins or anything?

I hate that feeling and I get it totally sober.

17. phatboy

phatboy New Member

You mean where the room kind of seems to spin when your sitting still looking at a non-moving object? Yea, I have had that. Everyone says, 'just put a foot on the floor' but that doesnt really help.....

18. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Yeah, I have heard that and didn't think it would work. It doesn't help with me when I get vertigo sober.

19. homer

homer Member

A woman I work with gets vertigo when sober and it is something with her inner ear,she is taking meds for it now I think.

20. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I think it might be my ears. It feels like it could be in my ears, but it also feels like something is up with my vision.

I sometimes wonder if being a vegetarian for 16 years has fucked me up, as in I am missing out on some crucial vitamin or mineral and my body is crapping out on me.