Classic Games only you seem to know of

Discussion in 'Games' started by Fernando, May 22, 2008.

1. Fernando

Fernando Member

I remember the good ole' days of the N64. Majora's Mask making everyone mad even though it was one of the fucking best games ever concieved. Banjo Kazooie was proving that platformers could make you yell at the screen when you hit Rusty Bucket Bay. But perhapes the most wonderful feature was how many good ass games were on the fucking system, and the worst is how little people played them to have another slappers only match in Goldeneye.

This game, while unnnoticed by the main stream, is fucking fantastic and has a huge ass budget. This game, is also my favorite game for the system. This game is

Jet Force Gemini-
    First off, I hate fans of this game. They are dipshits, usually resorting to the fact that you get to play as a dog (not a dog standing up, a literal fucking dog) in the game...and that alone makes it great. A standard arguement would go like

"Hey, what's so great about JFG"
    "You get to play as a dog, which is comPLETEly (in that gay scene kid voice) awesome"
    "Uhhhh, great, I meant gameplay"
    "The dog...dir"
    "Fuck you"

Yeah, they are dip shits for relying on such a poor arguement. The real reason this game is fucking awesome is because of the gameplay. It's a third person shooter/platformer/fuck you it's great game. Fucking huge array of weapons, ranging from machine guns that don't fire straight to rocket launchers that fire three rockets in a spiral. At first, this seems "Ah great weapons, pfft" well fuck off, they are good when you realize there is a time and a place for each and you'll always need to know how to use each because you WILL run out of ammo for your favorite gun if you use nothing but. Why? Cause this game fucking has monster insects out the ass. When the sky is dark not from a cloud but from a huge god damn swarm of insects with lazers that all shoot at you at once. I once counted 14 of the giant ants, all with shields and guns, forge through a small tunnel all out to kick your god damn ass. They will too, if you don't react quickly, you will die...and fucking fast. So you have to cap this huge army before they rape you into oblivion. This game also was the first game I played that you can shoot limbs off of things. There is actually a sub quest where you try and collect their heads to gain new abilities. Coupled together with huge stages, huge boss battles, distinct characters that can access different areas of the stages for further exploration, dynamic sound track and a main quest that will last most around 30 hours this game is fucking epic in every sense.

2. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I have that one, only played it a little, though. Obviously not to the point where I'd stake my online reputation on a vehemently long-winded endorsement of said title. What little of it I played was good, though. Maybe I should dig that system up and give it another go.

I will say, with full conviction, that the best fucking game ever made for that system is, hands-down, Conker's Bad Fur Day...

Yes, they remade it for the original Xbox, and yes, it was fantastic (with new online multiplayer modes, etc.) - but you can't argue that this game was not only a pivotal point in Nintendo's previous 'family-oriented' guidelines (which turned many people off towards Nintendo after the first Mortal Kombat port hit the consoles, and not only were the Fatalities changed into 'Finishing Moves,' but we were knocking 'sweat' off the brows of our foes, instead of blood,) but also a damn fine game.

Conker's Bad Fur Day, for those unfortunate enough to have missed out on it, takes the cute, furry character from a previous GameBoy release, throws him into an adventure starting out with a hangover, spits out every obscenity ever put into a game, has him using tits as a trampoline, etc. - and pulls it off in such a fantastic fashion that you actually *know* you're playing a game produced by Rare.

THAT is the N64 gem. Playing the Pedigree Orkin Man can take a seat...

3. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

Conkers was going o be my suggestion, but thy redid it on the Xbox, and it was wonderful. I bought my 64m and got Turok, and the southpark gme. Both sucked. Who was the genius who talked EA into dumping the loot into the remake of Turok last year? That guy sucked a lot of dick, or is one golden tounged motherfucker for sure. Only game I can remember enjoying on the N64 was the Zelda series, but thats titties on whatever its on. the only console i never bought, was the Gamecube.

Classic games, Hmm i remember Shadowzone on the Super NES. that was a fun game. a RPG with that cyberpunk feel to it. Chrono trigger was a cool RPG. Populus on errr SuperNEs? Oh and everyone's favorite, "Fernado and the Leathery cheerio of the lost truckstop" Is a crowd pleaser.

4. Fernando

Fernando Member

You'd be displeased to know how much Square-Enix is being an ass towards fans of Chrono Trigger. There were two fan remakes, non profit, in the works and square shut them both down, even when one was near finished. Total money mongers at the good old squenix.

I would add in Silent Hill 2, but it's a greatest hits, so I'm guessing a whole lot of people played it. In any case, fucking fantastic storyline/atmosphere. Everything in the game has some hidden sub text to it, it's crazy when you look into it.

5. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

Oh I know about Sqeenix, I had to deal with them when i i my internship at Epic studios. they bought the Unreal engine for the last reminat game they are/were making. they are arrogant cock gobblers

6. Fernando

Fernando Member

They know how to make a god damn cut scene though, i'll give them that.

7. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

you know, I hate games with huge ut scenes that wont allow you to skip it. I hate that bullshit

8. Fernando

Fernando Member

Well I usually watch them once, then skip them if I die. They are so well done in FFXII that I can just watch them over and over again though.

9. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

yeah me too, but if its like a 12 minute cutscene, and you die like 3 times, and you have to sit through it, that shit SUCKS!

10. Fernando

Fernando Member

What's much worse is the MGS style of cut scene. Some cut scenes go for like a half a fucking hour. I have to hit the fucking toliet. I hit start, whoops, it skipped it. Wait...the fuck? Start skips it? Who thought of that shit.

But yeah, 12 minute unskippables are horrid.

11. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

the world ends with you, has cut scenes like that, and its freaking annoying

12. Fernando

Fernando Member

That game any good, people have been telling me it's fucking incredible.

13. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

well its not bad, I just hate the cut scene crap. you have to tape th e screen to get through, and its like SHUT TH FUCK UP ALREADY!!!! let me play. the dual play is sweet, like the bottom screen you do different actions with the stylus 9like scratch through you, you shoot a triple shot,tap on enemy, drop rocks from the sky on him, draw a circle in open area, move cars to crush enemies) then the top screen, you press the D-pad to do different moves. Oh did I mention it runs R/t at the SAME TIME? so its interesting! You really got to get as R4, or DSTT. worth every penny cock gobbler!!! http://www.emuwizards.com/

14. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

you're a cock you filthy Mexican. I started tinkering with TWEWY, after your post, played for 4 hours straight, and got no sleep, and have to do a ton of crap all day today

15. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Favorite Game evar:
    http://www.addictinggames.com/ngame.html

Stand alone flash download available, but here's the online version.

I only know one other person that plays this but it's free and there are thousands of levels available.

16. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

My Favorite game is "Rick James' Revenge, A.K.A. Burn the white bitch with the hot crack stem

17. Fernando

Fernando Member

Rise of Legends. Very fun Sci Fi RTS, went unnoticed, even though the game was made by the people behind Rise of Nations.

18. Disorder

Disorder New Member

Dwaine never says 'wonderful', something has happened and his body been taken over by some sort of alien symbiant.

Ive played both 'Rise Of' games, I prefered Nations, it was much easier to get things done than Empire Earth

Anyone remember an old DOS game called 'Quarantine', that game was the shizzle

19. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Oregon Trail on the Apple IIe all the way, bro.

20. xiaomemme

xiaomemme New Member

Today's function Entrepreneur.com "The PR Crisis Playbook" provides tips to ensure that your

business' image is not seriously disturbed - such as BP's -. The next time a disaster occurs,

however, the Aion Gold rebranding plan is obviously not

the PR steps in .? this Article shall be described Had the rebranding effort truly effective I'm

not convinced it seems like a move pretty desperate Furthermore, it would be

WOW Gold expensive to convert the sign and paint colors

back to red and Buy WOW Goldblue Can new Aion money to

Aion Goldreally repair critical damage to a

company image?