Old pills

Discussion in 'Medical Advice' started by Nauseous, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

How old is too old? I found these pills I accused everyone of stealing from me a couple of years ago and I just found them... oddly in the same exact place I looked several times. They expired in I dunno June of 2006.

2. chester grape

chester grape New Member

Did you take them yet? Let me know how they were...

3. tipsypyro

tipsypyro New Member

If theyre opiates They should be okay but benzodiazaphenes (atarax, valium, xanax etc.)you may not want.

4. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I didn't take them. I believe the class is sedative hypnotics.

5. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Sedative Hypnotics? They are OK to take, they just lose their potency and have to be rejuvenated with alcohol. You probably need to take like 20 of them to equal one fresh pill, and then you have to drink 12-20 ounces of straight Vodka to make them work right. It's best of you take them 2 at a time and wash each down with Vodka. Take about 5 or 6 Phenagren first, just in case they make you want to puke. You should be chillin by morning.

(for God's sake I hope you know that I am joking, and that you will die if you do that. I feel bad now. No I don't. Yes I do. No I don't. Yes I do. ect ect ect)

6. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

I take od medications, and put a nice candy shell on them, and give them to poor children as M&M's

7. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Expiration dates are an excuse to rotate stock. Within a few years is OK...

What kind of pills are we talking about here?

8. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

poor childrens M and M kind

9. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Thats like giving out those packs of silica gel as candy. MMMMMM tasty.

10. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

It was Ambien and I have some and can get more. It was just nice to find some freebies.

Nothing is working for me. Vicodin and Flexeril together don't put me to sleep. They worked for a day or so and now nada. Would it be safe to take those two and an Ambien? I'm always worried that I am going to end up Ledgering myself.

This whole car accident thing has me all stressed out and I can't sleep and it hurts to take a deep breath.

11. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

With your tolerance for pills, I'd say it'd be juuuuust fine to take 'em. :)

12. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I asked my DR today and he said it was okay to take Flexeril, Vicodin and Ambien. He said the Vicodin and the Ambien would work against each other though.

My neck is sore and stiff and my chest and shoulder hurt. I'm seriously considering seeing a lawyer -and- buying stock in Icy Hot. I love that shit.

13. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I can't see Vicodin working 'against' Ambien, especially if you're wanting to sleep...

Seems to me that the two would compliment each other.

14. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I think the main reason they didn't suggest the combo is due to a dependency factor associated with their combined use.

15. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I have been on Ambien for a year and have 6 more months supply. I think it's too late for that.

What other drugs will affect Ambien?
    Before taking Ambien, tell your doctor if you are using any of the following drugs:

narcotic pain medications (check), muscle relaxers (check), seizure medications (uncheck), or anti-anxiety medications (check).

16. llama

llama New Member

I like Icecream

17. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Well, me too. So Delicious™ is my fave.

18. kromany

kromany New Member

They don't work against each other, they work together and the sum of their potency is stronger then the individual potencies as one

19. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I made the mistake of taking Klonopin and Vicodin once. Forgot about the Klonopin and took a Vicodin because I had a bad ass headache then I started to feel weird and fucked up. It wasn't enjoyable. I took a nap, woke up and still had a headache.

20. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

That's going to be my night tonight. Throw in some 800mg Ibuprofen, and the IM shot of Toradol a couple hours ago. Oh, and a few beers, too.

I'm going to sleep like a log.