Fight for Ecstacy

Discussion in 'More Serious Topics' started by Disorder, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Disorder

Disorder New Member

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/legal/article3303615.ece

I've taken this drug many times and I'm not not dead. I'm a programmer, artist and musician and I can play chess, does that sound 'brain damaged' to you?

Watch this,
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1564288654365150131

great info, generally unbiased in its message of 'it should not kill you or cause any problems, but its still illegal.. why?'

ITs because these people at the top, dont care about your hapiness, they care about their own profits, when profits arnt theres, they lobby to stop it.

They want to keep you unhappy and controlled, This is your fucking democracy.

2. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Now that is a convincing argument.

3. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Vindicated at last. In the mid 90's X hit big around Nashville and people were calling it a new thing. And I never acted the part of the fake fake yuppy hillbilly like they did. So I would explaine that its nothing new been arouns since the 80's and we used to buy it out in the open at headshops in Houston until it was illegalized in the mid eighties. Stupid hillbillies would smirk and say I was full of it.

When I went to California in 87 I asked around the party crowd about it and most knew nothing about it. They were all doing crank and smoking pot.

I have seen severe Xtc freaks though that seat a lot, grind their teeth, and have a general obnoxious sort of brainwashed "It's all cool" attitude. And a general loss of ability to grasp true reality.

Awsome drug though. Everything in moderation I say.

4. Disorder

Disorder New Member

Bit weak using grammatical errors in an attack against me isnt it? Oh well, I'm used to it now, because its all you got.

5. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Don't be dissin my boy Barry now.

You should try it just once Barry next time you go to one of those concerts or some other occasion when your with friends. You won't go off of the deep end or anything. If you got real MDMA it truely quite a positive experience. And I'm no druggie just open minded have not done that stuff since early 90's. Not saying I would not though.

6. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

I have about 10 ecstacy users in my caseload. They all rave about how great it is. The common problem is that they can't remember what day it is, or even what we talked about last week.

And as far as an occasion with my friends - I don't have any friends.

7. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

I not attack you I just think that you be stoopid.

8. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Well I think you are right about the mind dulling effects at least with the chronic users. I don't think it’s a big deal for the casual occasional user. The exceptions you hear about like for instance the guy does xtc daily and plays a great chess game. Once you look closer you will see that the chess part is an obsession and he is really rather dull in most other respects.

The whole drug prohibition question is an interesting one. There are compelling arguments for legalization. I like most people however tend to think the potential for disaster outweighs the possibilities for gain.

I'm remodeling my kitchen by the way. .... friend. :cool:

9. Disorder

Disorder New Member

Think all you want, doesnt make it true. However, I know you're a chubby, tedious, delusional, haddock brained man-dumpling. Got bored and decided to be the spelling troll did we? Maybe your selective dyslexia disorder will help you make sense of this: kuscrekcoc

Good points Joe, I believe that MDMA has a potential closely tied with cigerettes and coffee etc, its addictive, but the damaging properties are minimal and this is why it should be given a chance.

In retrospect, what doesnt piss people off these days? There isnt anything that doesnt bother someone, somewhere. Everyone is so politically sensitive that it removes all fun from entirely all activities. Its akin to saying, "well you can go on this bouncy castle, but you're not allowed to jump up and down" and everyones just standing around and looking dull.

10. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

I think all drugs should be legalized, and taxed to improve schools, health care, and social security.

11. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Yeah these are some of the compelling arguments and smokers are much much more annoying than xtc users. Also one could look at coffee. Makes you all tense. xtc makes you alert but not tense.

I'd love to see a debate a real logical debate between two opposing groups on basic philosophical positions such as Labor and the Tories (is that correct?) over there on the big island. But have each take a mild dose of X. I bet both sides would be suddenly willing to admit that there are valid points made on the other side and while still holding onto their core beliefs find there to be a vast plethora of common ground they can agree upon that they were not previously aware of.

12. Disorder

Disorder New Member

Yes it would, they shot themselves in the foot with that one. Pissed off the users AND lost potential revenue.

Correct, there (as the documentary shows) are more positive effects and opinions than there are negative. Things like cigerettes only keep you hooked so they can keep killing you, when they've killed you you have to pay even more to be fixed up again, in terms of medical costs. Ecstacy makes you feel open and loving towards everyone and closer than you might normally feel.. I think the world needs this, its gotta be better than mass genocide on a daily basis right?

That would be (new) Labour and the Conservatives, but they sadly equal the 2 party system you have, as in it really doesnt matter who you vote for, they're working for the same side. But you're right, and as I pointed out, a lot of the worlds hatred and conflict would be cleared up almost overnight if ecstacy was made more common.

A study in a similar vein, for a substance that should also be legalised:

13. j412

j412 New Member

I could never understand why we spend so much money fighting stuff like ecstasy and marijuana when alcohol and cigarettes were legal. I don't ever recall breaking up a bar fight between ecstasy users. Alcohol and cigarettes cause much more damage to the body, namely due to the chemical placed there to get people addicted.