I've been charged with a "Hit and Run"

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Lomotil, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

I had a company , it was bogus, send me a form letter once. It stated that I owed restitution and if i didn't pay it they would take legal action. I took the letter to my Probation officer. He told me it's a scam company that gets public records, insurance claims, etc and gets people to fork over money. If i were you, I would ignore said letter, unless you know it's valid, from a governmental agency. Im pretty sure that is what that is. call me ill tell you the whole story

2. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Ok honest truth I'd be more capable of putting the kids head on the door knob than the family pet.

Rather than mash a bug in the house I'm the guy that scoops it up with a sheet of paper and sets it safely outside the house.

Dwaine is right on this one it could be a scam which plays well for you if it is not because you can claim that you were leery of weather it was valid or not.

Where I see a scam more likely is that later that night the kid was out drinking and really did wreak the car and its mashed bad. They want to force you into fixing it. You got a phone with a cam? Next time take pictures and then tell them where to get off.

The way I see it try to work with the system. But if you are in the right and the system betrays you then take your licks you may be on one hand screwed however from a morality perspective you got a clean slate and all bets are off as for rules. These people are bottom of the bucket like trial lawyers. They don't disserve the consideration you would give a bug in the house. Do mankind a favor and take out the whole family of each of the kids their infected like a cancer on society.

3. GUMBjork

GUMBjork New Member

Tell da fuzz that he lures children into his gingerbread house...That'll distract 'em nicely.

4. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I'm glad you mentioned that... The more I look at the letter, the more bogus it looks. It's from the PD, but they don't know any of the info? Not to mention, the first letter I get says "FINAL NOTICE" - and the search criteria for the 'Accident Investigation Detail' department of our local PD gets no hits on google...

The more I think about it, the more I realize... This letter is pure crap. What the fuck Police Department puts "An Equal Opportunity Employer" in italics at the bottom of a letter they send a "suspect"?

Not to mention that the letter was sent to the vehicle's old registered address (A P.O. Box, at that! - is that even possible?)

5. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Oh yeah - what city police department unit has hours from 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM only 4 days out of the week (including Saturday)..? ...and, the return address is a P.O. Box (located at the main PO, far, far, far removed from the actual Police HQ...

Man, these motherfucker's have a good scam going... I almost fell for the shit, but knew I wasn't going to fill anything out until I did my research.

Actually... This whole thing is kinda pissing me off now. Some sorry SOB wants to try and scare the info out of me by pretending... I smell "Lawsuit" here... Hell, I'd settle to just meet this kneiving motherfucker in person...

6. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I think I know what I'm going to do... I'm going to take a shit in a cardboard box, and mail it to this P.O. Box.

And I'll fucking do it, too...

Maybe rig a few of those pull-string firecrackers in the box so that it showers them with shit when they open it...

Maybe a break-away sealed bag of Red Fox Urine that spills out when the box is opened?

7. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

Call your local PD and ask them to do a warrent check on you. Also just ask about the letter.

8. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

Yeah it's a scam, I'd check into it, also check with a Pro-bono attorney for filing a civil suit and make some cheddar off these Nigerians. Isn't impersonating a peace officer a felony?

9. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Call your PD and ask them hypothetically what you do in a hit and run?

10. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I started that ball rolling this morning (not officially through the PD, mind you), I will know tomorrow if there's a warrant.

I'm sure that these people (person) scams damn near anyone they send this shit to... I did some research, and without going into much detail (mainly because Jack-n-the-Box is calling my name), I've got plenty of reasons to think this is a fraud. I'm sure the whole 'impersonating a police officer/legal official/etc. part is going to be of great interest in the near future...

Now, I've given some thought to the whole idea of scamming the scammer... *in theory* There has to be severe penalties for impersonating a member of the legal system in this way... like you said... I'll need to investigate how exactly to go about it first, though...

I was waiting until after the Labor Day holiday to do just that... Thanks for the suggestion - glad to know we're on the same wavelength...

I still may shit in a box and send it to them... Just for fun.

Must do more research first, though... :)

11. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Well, yeah... and if you know after talking to them that the letter was BS, report it to police. They could get in a lot of trouble pretending to be law enforcement.