Zune

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Nauseous, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Okay, I decided that they are a total rip-off. I didn't realize that the 'unlimited downloads' were actually you renting music. Once you cancel your membership, the music is gone, so you pay 15 bucks a month for songs that you will never own. It was bad enough that they could only be played on the Zune, but they won't even stay on it once you cancel your membership.

http://www.zune.net/en-us/products/zunepass/default.htm

GAY

I'll just buy used shit from Amazon or download and pay the old fashioned way.

2. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Which leads me to a question that I have never got an answer for...

Why are they so tough about music sharing, yet you can buy a used CD? They aren't making money off of used CDs.

3. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

A physical, tangible object, perhaps? One without the strict licensing rules for software? The fact that people have been recording crap over the radio for years now?

I hope Microsoft isn't going the way of the iPod with their Zune players. I've never had a Zune, but I'd estimate that I've got around 10 iPods right now. I simply don't like that they *want* you to not only use their program, but register and purchase music online.

I've got a couple of 20 gig mp3 players that use a strictly 'drag and drop' interface through windows explorer, and that's the way it fucking should be. I've got some slightly smaller ones that I've used in the past (one even hangs on your neck like a medallion, and the 'necklace' is the line to the headphones - pretty obstructive, but doesn't hold enough music for me.)

The thing I hate about the iPod products, is that they want you to use their shitty software so badly, that I keep having to upgrade my third-party "get around iTunes" software every time I get a new iPod, as they constantly incorporate incompatibility problems with each new release, in hopes that you won't use them with the 'other' software.

I might even get a chance to bitch some more tonight, as I just picked up a harmon-kardon iSub for my Mac, and naturally, I'm going to want to check it out with some mp3s...

4. Fernando

Fernando Member

I couldn't see myself canceling a membership to the zune service though, always new music.

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I get pissed at it and want to throw it. I hate the popping/beeping sounds it makes when you scroll though shit and for something that costs that much, it should be more receptive to your fingers. It never does what I am trying to do.

I just don't like paying for shit I can't transfer or own.

6. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I bet your husband feels the same way.....

:)

I will stick with the wal-mart MP3 players, they ask no questions.

7. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I don't even have use for one. I only listen to mp3s in the car and I can burn those to a disc and I can actually see the names of the songs and stuff instead of "Line In".

8. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

you are all fucking idiots for buying music on the internet. I have an Ipod touch, and I just upload my music to it