Zeitgeist

Discussion in 'More Serious Topics' started by homer, Oct 6, 2007.

1. homer

homer Member

It is with some trepidation that I step gingerly into the murky water that is fugly,but I find myself drawn to the mayhem of these forums like a moth to a bug zapper.The sheer brutality at which the members tear open new orifices in each other is almost a testament to how the human race treat each other everyday even if it is only in fun and the anonymity of the internet,and why there will never be harmony in our species without a polarizing event to happen to threaten our very existence.But enough of that for now .
    I am just curious if anyone has seen this movie http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/ and what your thoughts are.
    Is it too late to change the tide or have people become so afraid of the boogeyman that they will allow the government to continue to take away their freedom in the name of national security and patriotism as long as they have their suvs,fast food,6million channels of mindless "entertainment" to distract them from the real world?

P.S.
    So sorry for the violation pimp I shall drink some bleach for you as I continue to watch in amazement the greatest soap opera of them all "Our world and its journey into the abyss"

2. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

It's looking pretty grim for the human race. But a few key points to remember: Nothing is set in stone. Anything is possible if you put your mind to it. "We as individuals can make a difference. In the words of Hasan Salaam - 'Each one, teach one, and we're bound to reach them all'.

Welcome to the fughole.

3. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I think if people turned of their TV and got off the internet and stepped out of the house and conversed with their neighbors. Read a few books. Paid zero attention to the news. Life would be much much better.

4. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

5. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

well i feel not so violated now you have stepped into the cage, rather than languishing voyeuristically on the sidelines. watching silently, absorbing our every word and doing god knows what to them!

all i can think of now is who else is out there, sat in their dank dark smoke filled basements, their wan complexions coloured only by the feeble glow of their monitors

6. homer

homer Member

Pimp I will turn some more lights on in my basement,only I need to know where your camera is hidden so I won't block your view.Nothing I can do about the smoke though they have me but good,maybe a sunlamp for my complexion and to stave off scurvy this winter.

7. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

The Zietgeist film seemed to be very detailed.

And as I remember Sandy Berger a Clinton staff had been after 911 making busy little beeline trails back and forth to the national archives. When staff at the archives noticed material missing he was aprehended and found to have classified material in his socks as well as in his underwear.

Our fearless prosecuter Mr. Fitzgerald here to defend the citizens of the us agianst government crime seemed unconcerned.

How on earth could the good intending Mr. Zietgiest or whoever. Have missed this detail when the documents (the ones that were actually found) were specifically about the 911 threat?

Or was Berger working hand in hand with Zeitgeist? Is Zeitgeist a member of the Elite?

It is the only explination that is logical. Other than the unumerable thousands of inconsitancies in the film. What was stated is just an invitation to a bogged down debate. What was not said tells loads does it not?

8. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Most significant events polarize one group against another, unifiying each in hate and fear for the other. If the only threat is death, some groups would not feel threatened at all. I guess I don't believe there could be any event to bring harmony to us all. We've been killing each other since Cain and Abel, we've just got better at it over the years.

But, welcome. Cheers!

9. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I thought 'Zeitgeist' was a change in the psychological thinking of a time.

Wiki says 'the spirit of an age'

I think 'me' is the spirit of the age.

10. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I can guarantee this the America haters will not address my question. What they are persuing has nothing to do with truth.

11. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

12. homer

homer Member

Its not the jump that worries me Nursey,it's the sudden stop,but with free health care what the fuck .

13. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

Yes I think it's a stupid waste of 100 minutes made by an over opinionated hippy that likes to spam that shit EVERYwhere

14. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

That's the spirit!

15. homer

homer Member

Has there ever been a plausible explanation for why wtc7 fell?

16. Disorder

Disorder New Member

It was pulled (demolished) like the twin towers, thats so obvious now.

I once was blind but now I see.

I think somebody famous said that.

17. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

There is no need for one.