Y'kno what really pisses me off?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lomotil, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

CNN.

For the first time in my life, I have abandoned complete and total respect for a network.

Not that I had all that much respect for the obviously-biased CNN network to begin with, but the other day was different.

I think it was the 18th of June, I cannot precisely recall, but while sitting in a McDonald's restaurant on my lunch break, awaiting my 'to go' order, I was greeted by a 'blip' of 'breaking news' concerning this little North Korean boat suspected of carrying weapons material careening through the Pacific Ocean.

I decided to stay and eat my carbohydrate combo-meal, to learn of this event.

***Intermission - The thought that N. Korea would enter international waters with a vessel previously used to transport weapons/etc. and publicly state that any attempt to board or inspect cargo would be seen as an act of provocation, should be front page news.

Instead, I had to sit through twenty fucking minutes of Hillary Goddamn Clinton and the EARTH-SHATTERING NEWS of her broken elbow.

I couldn't fucking believe it.

They even brought on the panel of experts to discuss this crisis - doctors, strategists, and counselors... to dismantle the exact repercussions the US could expect to feel in the coming days.

Here's an approximation of the conversation:

Honestly, folks - twenty minutes of Wolf Blitzer shedding a tear over the broken elbow of a political candidate whom has certainly put it to good use over the years is absolutely, inexcusably pathetic. :rolleyes:

This is your country, America. Your elected officials, being covered by mainstream media whilst IMPORTANT news is occurring elsewhere.

2. Sallanches

Sallanches New Member

This tells me more about you than anything else Ive ever read from you.

3. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I lost respect for the MSM including CNN 15 or 20 years ago. I think if ever there were some sort of revolution to take back the country taking out the brainwash machine (MSM) would be as important an objective as the three B's.

4. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Before casting judgement on me, take into consideration the following information:

I do not watch television

I have not had cable in the last fifteen years.

I was oblivious to the fact that such propaganda was aired publicly, and freely available to non-subscribers.

Sorry, Sally, if my sudden awareness of just how fucking obvious and blatant this shitty network conducts and broadcasts itself - let's just say that I've been out of the loop for a while.

What saddens me more is that there are millions of people out there watching this drivel and equating it to 'bible-truth' as we speak.

5. Sallanches

Sallanches New Member

Rgr that Lomo

6. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

How does this correlate with the three S's?

**Side note: You absolutely, positively, MUST acquire "The Onion Movie" - filmed back in '03, shelved for half a decade, and finally released straight to DVD. GET IT. You'll fucking love it.

7. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Seans, Sullets, and Sandaids?

I'll look for : "The Onion Movie"