Yes its our fault

Discussion in 'More Serious Topics' started by Disorder, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Disorder

Disorder New Member

2. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I sure am proud to be of solid British decent. And amazing country of great history it would be great to visit.

That article is a bit far fetched though. Think of it this way if Britain was completely wiped from the history books are you naive enough to believe the world would be a peaceful nirvana? I mean I will not even give credit to the various accusations by debating them it is ridiculously stupid for anyone to do. This for the simple reason that it gives creditability to the bogus charges. And it sets the stage for all things factual or imaginary to be scrutinized regarding Britain.

To make the point a little better to under stand I will give you an example. Have you ever herd the saying "you have no right telling your neighbor to clean his backyard when yours is a pigsty." But what if you did? What if you took your neighbor to public debate regarding 50 different discrepancies regarding his back yard? Let’s say the debate were to take place in the op-ed section of the local town news paper. Never mind that 40 of these are bogus and the ten legitimate ones are no worse than what you would find in any back yard around the neighborhood. That does not matter. The victim is drawn into a debate taking a defensive position that in the end no matter will paint him as the criminal trying to squirm out of legitimate charges rather than the victim. And no one is scrutinizing your backyard. This is especially true if the forum for the debate were lets say the opinion editorial section of a local news paper that despised the person being charged and would undoubtedly take advantage of their liberty to set the stage of public mindset peppering the news paper with investigative stories designed to cripple you’re integrity by exploiting any possible weakness that can be dug up say for example a bounced check or whatever.

3. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

ahaa... reading joes reply i started thinking .. "huh?.. is this really a daily mail article ed posted?".. then i clicked and realised it was one of their customary outrage articles about a book some american wrote.

4. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Exactly ...... I think we see the same point. Not sure though maybe the point you are pointing out is that my theory can be easily debunked by simply illustrating that the article in question is not a daily editorial post. If that is the case then you missed the point.

The point is that weather factual or not the article takes an aggressive position attacking the creditability of "Jolly Good Old England" to take the article to task from a defensive position is stupid. You are then allowing the writer to exploit the advantage he/she or at a larger level "the media machine" to set the tone and subject for the debate in a manner that "Jolly Good Old England" can never win.

This is a perfect illustration of what I'm talking about this is how public opinion is nurtured, developed, formed... "Mind Control" if you will. People in turn post this tripe all over the internet and debate it.

5. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

the article in question has probably taken the same stand as you have (obviously since it's a rabble rousing scare mongering right wing rag) and it is a book it is criticising...

or are you saying that the book is right and the article is wrong and it is britain, not america that is the root of all the worlds ills...

besides.. it's all ancient romes fault

6. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

;)

No the Ottoman's :eek:

Neither and I am not sure if it is that you missed my point or if you are trying to change the direction totally away from the point.

7. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

i'm not sure if i missed your point or not. i'm sure i mentioned before that i don't actually read your posts. only partly.. and partly reply to them.. because i find that if i read them properly they make less and less sense, until i wonder if i'm reading the meanderings of a AI computer program