X-Men 3 (spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Schmed, May 26, 2006.

1. Schmed

Schmed New Member

I was very let down by this movie, Synger is sorely missed in the third installment of the X-Men. This movie just seemed cramped into and hour and forty-seven minutes. And the few brief attempts at comedy were about as bad as a Schwartzenegger one liner. As always Stan Lee made a cameo (very early in the movie). The movie itself focuses on two things, the return of Jean Grey and a newly discovered "cure" for mutants. Jean Grey kills Cyclops off very early in the movie, making me wonder why even bother having him in it in the first place. Also killing off the banter between him and Logan, which is just wrong. Midway through the movie she kills Charles Xavier, but not before they sully his character by turning him into a mutant lobotomist. (he apperantly caged a part of Jean Greys mind a decade or 2 ago and this caused her to develop multiple personalites). The Juggernaut should of never even made the big screen, if he did it should of been CGI. They turned his character in something laughable also. At one point he says "Don't you know who I am, I'm the Juggernaut bitch!"if you don't know what I'm talking about google "juggernaut bitch". The only thing that stuck out in this movie was , again, Jackman's performance as Wolverine. And then they felt the need to throw in Angel, while I thought Angel was going to actually have a part in this movie, he was hardly seen it at all. But they sure pushed him in the previews. The Beast's costume was horrible. He looked like a cheap kids toy. If you can't do something right, don't do it at all would have applied nicely in this case. Then to sort of finalize the end of this franchise they "cured" Magneto and Mystique. (though at the end of the movie you see magneto possibly shake a metal chess piece). THe climax is Logan killing Jean Grey, which was one of the few points in this movie that made any sense, were the characters actions actually fit the character. Wolvie always willing to do the dirty work. This movie could of been so much better if Brian Synger had helemed it. I almost want to ban Super-Man in protest of him leaving (right, that'll happen).This movie did not impress me. I didn't hate it either, but I was dissapointed because after the second one I had such high expectations for this one. Oh well. Now I will just hold my breathe untill Spider-Man 3.....

2. Ferine

Ferine New Member

I went to see it yesterday. It wasn't too bad, but i'm not all anal about comics like you are. :p

Went to leave and they herded us back in the theatre to catch the after credits cliff hanger. Which wasn't that important.

3. GAS

GAS New Member

I haven't seen it yet but I have a few beefs right off the bat about this movie. First off, Angel: big fucking deal. There are at least 10 other X-men that I would rather see than this guy( Bishop and Gambit come to mind), he wasn't even cool after he got his wings destroyed and got the cooler looking metallic ones.

As far as the beast goes, whatever. He's a smart gorilla with blue fur....wow.

Hugh Jackman doing wolverine is sweet, he should have his own movie, or movies, maybe along the Weapon X story lines. That would rock. As far as him killing Jean Grey, it wouldn't happen. The Phoenix is a totall badass and that wouldn't happen. But if I do remember correctly he did stab the crap out of her when they were trapped on an asteroid or something so she would turn into the phoenix and get em back to earth or whatever so maybe it could happen.

And thanks to your spoilers I have some new gripes, starting with WHY WOULD YOU KILL OFF THIS MOVIE FRANCHISE?!? You pretty much have an infinite number of X-men and storylines going back some 40 years. The comic book dorks will go see these movies as long as hollywood makes them.

And now I'm mad so I'm gonna stop.