World Trade Center

Discussion in 'More Serious Topics' started by Nauseous, Jul 31, 2006.

?

Are you going to see this piece of shit?

1. Yes. JFK wasn't long enough for me.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Leave it to fucking Oliver Stone to make a movie about the trade center. It's nice that Hollywood can profit from tragedy.

Oh, get how nice this is:

Four September 11 charities will receive 10 percent of box office receipts for the first five days of director Oliver Stone's new movie "World Trade Center, the charities said on Wednesday

Fuck Oliver Stone and anyone who goes to see this retarded movie.

2. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Would you go if I paid your way and bought you popcorn?

10% would go to charity of course...

Barry

3. Poult840

Poult840 New Member

Didn't hollywood already profit from 9/11, wasn't there a movie about the plane where the passengers fought back and it crashed?

4. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Don't think I have ever watched an Oliver Stone flick... or was it him that did platoon or Apocalypse Now? Maybe I did. If I see this movie it will not likely be at the movies and I will see what is said about it. I would pin this movie down in the category such as that recent Mel Gibson movie about the crucifixion have not watched it yet I may get it on DVD and see it some time when I'm really in the mood. Basically those type movies where I already have a strong opinion about just piss me off if I deem them as misrepresenting reality.

BTW I never got to vote but just as well there is not a category for “not likely”.

5. Schmed

Schmed New Member

I wish you would of posted this in the Film section..but if I may throw in my two cents on this ....

This movie is gonna be horrible, just fucking bad. My initial reaction to it is to say that it is in poor, poor taste. But then again, I do enjoy a good vietnam movie and most war movies.But I really don't want to see Cage and the lesser part of the "Hick and the Spic" (see The Shield Season 4 for this reference) play firemen heros in an Oliver Stone film. Oliver has done some awful movies in his time, and a scant few decent ones also. He definitly has talent directing movies (his eye for irony is damn good), but to me he is known more for self indulgent bullshit, which translates to movies that are far too long, tedious and try way to hard to get across what should be a simple point. Even Nat. Born Killers gets old after a few watches..and don't even get me started on his DVD director cut extras...

all in all I will not watch this movie in any form at all (download, theater, DVD relase.. etc), for similar reasons that I will never grace the Passion of the Christ with any of my fuctional senses. I suggest all of you do the same too. (not that I wouldn't welcome a review in the film section if someone does bother)...

And speaking of Passion of the Christ, does anyone have a decent article on Mels recent drunk driving, jew bashing cover up?? (sorry to stray). I've read some shit on it but nothing that wasn't vague as hell....

6. Ferine

Ferine New Member

The first four pages of the original handwritten police report. Good luck reading it though.

This one kind of gives a run down of the original report.

7. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

Come on really this is America we profit from anything. We will make a show about anything.

If someone went from Day Care to Day Care skinning babies at some point we would make a movie about it.

8. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Well despite the treasonous leak of classified information by the Democrats who were privy to intelligence reports to Time journalist and the treasonous aiding and abetting that was done on the part of the magazine. A very serious terrorist attack was once again foiled by out intelligence community one of hundreds for sure that go unreported but a huge one much to the chagrin of the Democrats that are hoping their aiding and abetting will reap positive results for the terrorist and hopefully therefore positive results for them during the next election cycle.

9. diogenes

diogenes New Member

Democrats, rabble rabble.

Democrats, rabble rabble

Terrorism, rabble rabble

Democrats aiding and abetting terrorism, rabble rabble.

I can guarantee the intelligence they found regarding that attack wasn't discovered in Iraq. Most likely it was discovered in Afghanistan, where the person we're supposed to be looking for is.

10. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Or how about snooping into phone conversations and banking records?

Oh and is one of the coconspirators actually a labor party member over there in jolly good ole England?

11. diogenes

diogenes New Member

They were probably doing some of that as well. Funny, your vagina is all sore about someone calling them out on that, and making sure the government is held accountable for its actions, yet they are doing it anyhow. Amazingly enough, they haven't stopped snooping into phone records and banking information. But having accountability in that system would be helping in the terrorists, so we should give the government free reign to do whatever they want.

And what the fuck does the labor party have to do with this thread. It's about a shitty movie, not your paranoid liberal conspiracy bullshit.

12. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

its not in the movie thread so were having serious conversation about all the issues regarding it Dio feel free to join in if you have anything serious. Besides I keep getting positive feedback I think I need to see it.

Labor in England is same as Liberals here you know that and there you have it aiding and abetting the enemy. Sidney leaked secret information to Hezbollah and Hammas about how we were assisting in weapons movement surveillance. Dems on the intel committee leaked information about our spying programs that does not mean we stopped it simply means our effectiveness was diminished to a fraction of what it was both tactics of aiding and abetting the enemy. Personally I think they should be routed out and publicly shot for treason.

13. diogenes

diogenes New Member

Like I said, you think the government should be given free reign. And their effectiveness hasn't been diminished at all. What has been increased is their accountability.

And holding our government responsible for it's actions is not aiding and abetting the enemy, it's holding our government responsible. Those spying programs didn't only target terrorist, they targeted demographics. Most of the people spied on weren't terrorists.

14. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

See, the problem is that the 9/11 event isn't far enough in the past to make money from it. This carries all sorts of debts, from money to the victims to financial support for the building of new towers. Pick a subject such as the Titanic sinking to make profits from, a'la James Cameron. ;)

15. smurfslappa

smurfslappa New Member

Can't wait!