Why don't they do this anymore?

Discussion in 'Cars' started by Nauseous, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

2. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

That would drive me nuts.

GM has a good idea since 90 they had the Heads up display on the Pontiacs I do not know why they don't have that on all models. I drove a Pontiac Grand Prix with it and thought it was nice. You could see radio stations on the front windshield and change channels on the steering wheel. A lot less distracting than a regular stereo. Plus all the other stuff like speed and rpm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-05OwfKALM

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I like the talking. It's so 80's high tech. I went to autotrader to look for a daytona shelby. I almost bought a daytona back in the 90's but it didn't talk or have a digidash.

4. phatboy

phatboy New Member

It just reminds me of that scene in 'Im gonna get you suckah' where Kung Fu Joe was fighting the bad guys and left his door open, after repeating 'Door is ajar' abuot 8 times it finally says, "I said close the damn door dickhead"

That always cracked me up.

5. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

No shit if I was a programmer.... you could put a little Easter egg in the program where once in 50 thousand it would say some shit like that so people would be like "did you hear that?" "I dunno man I'm not sure... open the door and see if it does it again." of course it would not so that it would be like an urban legend no one would believe.

The Shelby was a bad ass car till the turbo burned out or the engine lost compression or the head warped.

-or-

All three.

6. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Yeah, like "driver ejection in 10,9,8,7..." I wonder how many people would wait until 1?

7. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Yeah "driver ejection" that's what I'm talking about. haha! :p

8. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

You aren't confusing it with ejaculation, are you? :eek:

9. phatboy

phatboy New Member

What the hell kind of car are you people building over there???

"Door is ajar....door is ajar....door is ajar....close the door or I'll phucking kill you... door is ajar....door is ajar....

10. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Old lady carefully navigating through fwy traffic... "Warning you are about to hit a brick wall"

11. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Put a sensor in the seat that can tell the drivers weight.

"one block to nearest kripy kremes....dont worry, just one won't hurt..."

"hey, when is my turn on top...."

12. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

"Calibrating weight for front seat passenger." Later on, "Capacity overload. Front passenger occupant please exit vehicle immediately. you are breaking my fucking springs.'

13. phatboy

phatboy New Member

"Occupant alert, flatulence release detected, passenger seat front, cushion temperature 120 degrees, please open window to prevent exposure to airborne contaminants..."

14. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

That was a good one.

15. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

"This vehicle was produced in North Korea for use in the United States. Safety Restraint System, deactivated. Power steering, deactivated. Anti-lock Braking system, deactivated. Stabilty control, deactivated. Climate controls, deactived. Modules to launch nuclear test missile, activated."

16. phatboy

phatboy New Member

"Would you like to play global thermal nuclear war?" Or was it 'geothermal' nuclear war?

17. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

What was that movie that had Matthew Broderick in it and he was some kind of computer whiz and he was playing some game and somehow hacked into some top secret project or something... (I used some a lot)

18. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

19. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

War dialing I remember thinking "bullshit!" but did not want to ruin it for everyone. Crystal Mountain I think it was.

20. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member