Who let the Teufel Hundens out!? Who Who?

Discussion in 'More Serious Topics' started by Joeslogic, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Personally I do not trust Obama's motives I think its a setup. But Obama seems to have decided to unleash the hounds of Hell in Afghanistan.

Marines' Mattis to Take Over CENTCOM.

There is a glimmer of hope in my heart now. The terrorists are about to get their mouth mashed good.

2. Aballister

Aballister New Member

The wikipedia article suggests that the term "devil dogs" was never used by Germans. It says that the closest thing to it in the German language is "Hollenhund", translating into "dog of hell". Apparently it's grammatically incorrect to write a compound noun into two words, the Germans would have written it like this: "Teufelshunde", if the word would have existed. Interesting stuff though.

3. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Yes I am aware of the controversy and it does not matter really the nickname is what it is and has been for decades since the battle of Belleau Wood in 1918.

What cannot be disputed is the tenacity of the Marines that fought in that war. They did not find some proverbial chink in the German armor they just ferociously fought the old fashioned way taking one hill at a time with extreme courage and valor. Thereby earning the respect of foreign enemies all over the world. How do you prepare a defensive front against the hounds of hell? I dunno why not ask the terrorist scumbags who have somehow survived the battle of Fallujah in Iraq in 2004. At least they can tell you how not too. :cool: