When the truth confronts, absurdity is sure to follow"

Discussion in 'More Serious Topics' started by ucicare, Dec 8, 2004.

?

Do you like the truth?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Only when it confirms my preconceived ideas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Don't confuse me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

"When the truth confronts, absurdity is sure to follow"

It is a fact of life. Whenever a truth or fact contradicts or interferes with someone's pleasures, pursuits, principles or pathology, it becomes necessary for them to create a bizarre and absurd rationalization to refute the fact, thus excusing their bad behaviors.

A historical example would be this

Truth - The Earth is round.

Absurd rationalization that follows -
    " The earth is flat, can't you see? and there will be no money wasted on exploration to prove otherwise, because it would be wasteful to have the Queens ships consumed by the dragons that live below the earth's edges."

Want a few modern examples to get you started?

Truth - Abortion is the murder of an innocent baby.

Absurd rationalization that follows -
    "A baby does not become a human until it breathes it's first breath, the "breath of life."
    "A women has a right to choose" ( what happened to the babies right to choose? see 1. above)
    "no child would choose to be born into this hell" (lets ask them)
    " A fetus feels no pain"

You get the idea.

Want a few more?

Truth - Marijuania is addictive, and slowly destroys those who use it.

ARTF - "marijuania is an herb, and it is natural, therefore it is harmless."
    " god made MJ. therefore he must want us to smoke it"
    "it is safer than alcohol"
    "you can't get addicted to MJ"
    "the problem will go away if you legalize it"

Truth - Sex between adults and children is depravity of the highest order.

ARTF - http://216.220.97.17/

Truth - AD/HD is a real psychiatric disorder.

ARTF " if the parents would just discipline, there would not be a problem"
    " AD/HD is just caused by poor nutrition, sugar, dyes in food, etc."
    " the drug companies invented AD/HD in order to market ritalin"

And my favorite absurdities that contradict the obvious truths -

" there is a third gender, which shares the sexualality of both male and female."

"humans evolved from lower primates over millions of years of mutation and selection"

"the government of the US knows that aliens exist, and is covering up the truth"

" there is a vast right wing conspiracy...."

I have lots more that I can share if anyone is interested. Would also like to hear your examples of truths and absurdities. I'll be glad to confuse you with rational thinkng and solid facts if you are like.

Happy posting.

Barry

2. Schmed

Schmed New Member

My personal favorite absurdity is this

"There is a mystical all powerfull omniscent being who dwells in a magical land called Heaven and he made the universe in 7 days and he is watching us all the time making sure that we are conducting ourselves in a manner which he deems to be good and will award the "good" ones with eternal life in his magical land of heaven and will punsih the "bad" ones by banishing them to eternal damnation in a magical land called Hell!!"

followed closely by this one

"There is a mystical being who lives at the north poll and he watches over all the children to make sure they are conducting themselves in a manner which he deems to be good and willl reward the "good" children with presents and will punish the "bad" ones with socks full of coal!!"

3. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

then howcome my white socks always end up black schmed... answer me that!!

4. Dr.Roboto

Dr.Roboto New Member

get this, ive been told that because i "dont not have jesus or god in my heart" that i will go to hell, but a child molester who has messed with the innocence of many children will go to heaven if he believes in god. so in theory all i have to do is believe in jesus in my dying minutes and i will be alright, shit i may even have the child molester as a friend in heaven.
    in the end truth will prevail , only a matter of time right?

5. Schmed

Schmed New Member

wash your feet my friend.

6. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

you said you'd do it :oops:

7. Schmed

Schmed New Member

all right fine, bring em over here...

8. unlimited-time

unlimited-time Active Member

I was being to think maybe Barry wasn't as bad as i thought at first but now i realise he's a fuckin bible basher everything i first thought of him is back.
    Do you really believe there's someone watching over us, guess what Barry it was made up by the few to control the masses and it worked.Nothing better than putting the fear of God into people to make them behave.

9. Schmed

Schmed New Member

People that would rather kneel down than take control of their own lives make me sick...

10. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

Re: When the truth confronts, absurdity is sure to follow&qu

babies are innocent??... are they not born with original sin, and then have to be 'born again' into the light of jeeebus etc??

anyway.. foetus as person is an emotive issue... people are the sum of their life experiences... conception and existence in a womb is not an experience as such... can animals go to heaven? a lot of christians say no... even though an animal can't sin... and most pets have more personality... are more of a person.. than a foetus

11. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

no it's kind of ovalish... like a tangerine

12. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

yes.. agreed... but i could point you in the direction of quite a few parents who have spotted symptoms early and have controlled the onset of ADHD by cutting certain chemical additives and food colourings out of their childrens diets without having to resort to ritalin

13. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

I don't remember dragging God into this. I believe that was Schmed.
    Would I get any points back if I reminded you that I hate organized religion, and that I have been kicked out of a church? Would it surprise you if I said that I am sympathetic and accepting of Homosexuals, although I can't for the life of me understand how such an departation from the natural order of things can be considered "normal?" What if i said that I hate Bible thumpers too?

I was raised in a strict, freak show of a religious circus, and I am against the very stereotyped religious system that Schmed ranted about. Sure I believe that there is a God, and I believe in morality and decency, but none of the above is a ticket to the big picnic. That is the greatest absurity of all - that some good thing you do is going to make God like you, and some bad thing is going to make God hate you. THAT is a direct absurdity created to counter the truth.

Every culture that has ever lived on this planet has had some type of belief that centered around an afterlife. A select few didn't invent that. I hope you are right UT. It would be so much simpler if it was just over when we die. My gut tells me that that belief is just another absurdity too.

And just for the record, do you see the fear of God making people behave? People have NEVER behaved, fear or not. Even the good aren't REALLY good, now are they?

Maybe you really are Nursey. I have my doubts. But that would make me like you even more!

Barry

14. Checkmate

Checkmate New Member

When I meet people from other cultures I know that they too want happiness and do not want suffering, this allows me to see them as brothers and sisters.

good advice if I have ever heard any.

15. Schmed

Schmed New Member

Don't try and put this off on me, you're busted. You love jeebus and gahd. How anyone dosn't believe in evolution is beyond me. You talk about scientific facts to bac k up your arguements, show me some irrefutable proof that this god you love exists and I'll show you apemen skulls...Barry!!

16. Schmed

Schmed New Member

Serioulsy that's the most intelligent thing that might of ever been said on this board.

17. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

A true statement from a true citizen of the earth. Just so I can understand, do I have to call the people who do want me to suffer "brother?"

Barry

18. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Re: When the truth confronts, absurdity is sure to follow&am

See what I mean about absurdity following?

Barry

19. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

ok barry.. what makes a person a person.. what makes a human human?.. not just a potential person

20. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

c'mon barry.... you need to tell me how a foetus is a fully fledged person... without just resorting to BIG PROTEST BANNERS.... i did you the courtesy of giving you a counter to your (lack of) argument