Whatsa matta wif da smurf?

Discussion in 'Medical Advice' started by smurfslappa, Jul 13, 2006.

1. smurfslappa

smurfslappa New Member

Am I really all that crazy, Barry?

2. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Yes, but....

You seem a little more rational these days. The joke you made to Dio about "2x zero is still zero" was funny. The ability to have sharp wit and humor is usually associated with high intelligence and mental clarity.

Whatever meds you are on, I suggest you keep taking them.

And as far as some of your stuff you post .....you are not always wrong. You just seem to catastrophize everything. Swing a little more to the middle, and you might not appear so whacky.

Barry

3. Ferine

Ferine New Member

You might also want to keep the part about you wanting to have your way with little girls to yourself, although you haven't spouted off about that in a while either. Depo-provera must have kicked in. Good for you.

4. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

I would bet my boots that Smurf is newly medicated. Probably Lithium Carbonate, Depakote, or maybe Abilify. Good meds if you need'em.

I predict a religious outbreak soon for Smurf. I think he will become a fanatic and start preaching on the street corners. Not a bad thing mind you, if you keep it rational and real.

5. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

I like to take PCP and hang out on street corners and scream "THERE ARE NO TIME OUTS IN THE WORLD OF PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING" at people..

6. smurfslappa

smurfslappa New Member

No drugs, I'm just laying off the rambling and trying to make a little more sense with it. The religious stuff has gotten to me too.

7. Ferine

Ferine New Member

Are you a christian smurf? Just curious.

8. smurfslappa

smurfslappa New Member

Not really, I don't know what I am. There has to be a God, though.

9. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

10. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Ferine I believe that Jesus is the Messaih, and was God is human flesh. The world would call me a Christian for believing that, but I refuse to accept the title any longer.

The term "Christian" was given by unbelievers in Antioch as a derogatory term. The word "Christian" has become very offensive to me. I see the idiots on TV fleecing innocent people, and they call themselves "Christians." I see people trying to get rich in Jesus' name, and they call themselves "Christians." I see people living double lives, condeming people for the very things they themselves are doing. I don't want to be one of those "Christians."

I love the Lord with everything that I have, and am not the least bit ashamed of it. What shames me is to be lumped in with the despicable hypocrites that call themselves "Christians."

Call me something else.

Barry

11. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I'd rather be looked at as a zealous follower of truth.

12. diogenes

diogenes New Member

How about Barry. Anything beyond that is simply modifiers.

13. Ferine

Ferine New Member

Thanks Barry. I was actually curious as to your beliefs too, you being scientific of mind and such, but didn't want to intrude.

I'd call you spiritual. Period.

14. TheStreaker1337

TheStreaker1337 New Member

I believe that all of the God's of old got together for a huge party at Buddha's place (fat man usually has a big place to live). They then proceeded to get insanely inebriated and start taking bets with the souls of the humans that followed them over games of scrabble. Should I lay off the paint chips? Or does this make sense?

TheStreaker

15. smurfslappa

smurfslappa New Member

I don't believe you have to accept Jesus as your savior to go to Heaven, Barry. I believe there are good people out there who never had a chance to hear his name. Do you believe they will go to Hell?

16. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Surprise Smurf - I believe that Hell, whatever that place may be, is reserved for those who willfully and knowingly reject the free offer of grace. I can't image a merciful God sending people to eternal damnation without having the opportunity to accept the greatest gift ever offered.

Barry

17. smurfslappa

smurfslappa New Member

That's what I'm talkin bout. Help them see, Barry.

18. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

smurfslappa wrote:
    It's a perplexing question isn't it? One must ask one's self would an all omnipotent, all-knowing god be as weak as to have a loophole a kink in the fabric of his own making that created an imperfect system?

Christians believe in the trinity that one god can exhibit himself in three different forms. God the father, God the son, and God the Holy Spirit. These are not really different but called the trinity the same being but in different form.

There are religions that we consider pagan. There are Indian religions for example that would worship the creations of god as if they were god himself in different forms. Could it be possible that in this case they are referring to the same god we would consider the Holy Spirit? If they die without knowledge could they be reincarnated into a life of opportunity to know?

There are religions that believe in reincarnation. Could the difference between good and evil people going to heaven or hell be the idea that people going to hell are just people reincarnated into this world again under more difficult circumstance? Could there be a vicious cycle where persons reincarnated into an easy life of luxury have gone to heaven for a time period however squandered opportunity results in once again a difficult next life?

Personally I try to think outside of the box but with a compass that directs my judgment. What ever ideas someone gives you with regards to spirituality try not to take any human beings words as complete truths. Think for yourself some questions you will never find the answer to. But always be open to think outside mankind’s religious box be that box, Lutheran, Catholic, Baptist, etc. Take your inspirations from guidelines you identify for yourself from your own research The one thing to hold your trust to is your own meditation prayers and readings in the Bible. Good luck in your pursuit Smurf.

19. smurfslappa

smurfslappa New Member

Thanks Joe, you're alright. Don't let your disturb of all things evil turn into hatred, and I know you'll be alright.

20. chester grape

chester grape New Member

By this logic, missionaries and evangelicals the world over are actually DOING HARM TO OTHERS' AFTERLIVES, by even giving heathens the opportunity to reject the "gift".

They'd be better off hiding their beliefs from everyone, exposing no one to the "Word". And then we'd all get in to the VIP room in the sky.