Werid Headaches

Discussion in 'Medical Advice' started by TheGrimJesus, Aug 31, 2007.

1. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

The last 2 nights I have had these really weird headaches. It feels almost like a sinus headache but my brain feels like it's in a fog. Also I'm getting these sharp stabbing pains under my jaw and in the back of my neck.

The best way to explain those it feels like someone is shoving broken glass in and out of me very quickly.

2. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Uh-oh... you're turning into me!

I have been having terrible headaches for over a month and my head feels foggy and my vision gets blurry. I mostly have pain in my right temple and the base of my skull. I think I have developed migraines.

You might want to get your ears checked. You might have an ear infection. Ear infections can cause terrible jaw pain and make you feel foggy because they throw off your balance. That might just be tension in your neck. My neck is all kinds of fucked up. I have had electric shocks of pain in it for about 6 years now.... pinched nerves or messed up disks or something. I went to the chiropractor but he hurt me and couldn't give me any muscle relaxers or even a shot of cortizone, so I quit going.

You could have TMJ. It causes similiar symptoms. Does your jaw click when you open your mouth? Do you clench your teeth a lot?

3. DangerousD

DangerousD New Member

Considering your history of meningitis ( I think you said something about it?) you should probably go back and see whoever treated you the first time without fucking around. You may need an MRI of your brain with and without contrast, possibly a CT scan and some blood cultures. Have you spiked any fevers? Do you have a stiff neck?

4. Bear Bryant

Bear Bryant Guest

What ever happened to "if you hear hoofbeats, first think horses, not zebras." ?????

Dr's like you are the reason that I am dead. I told the bastards that I wasn't feeling well for at least a month. They just kept telling me to stop smoking and drinking.

5. DangerousD

DangerousD New Member

meningitis isn't a zebra and even if it were since the consequences are so severe it would need to be ruled out especially in someone with a previous meningitis resulting from a sinus infection as per GJ's own post on this forum. At the very least he would need to be eyeballed, examined and questioned regarding symptoms most appropriately by a neurologist. The most alarming thing about the post is his description of feeling as is his mind is cloudy. Dumbass.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2007
  6. DangerousD

DangerousD New Member

The last time I heard that phrase "ride the horse not chase the zebras" "although that is a good thought" was about 1 week ago by a infectious disease head doctor. I told him the patient could have Hodkin's or nonhodkins lymphoma to explain fever of unknown origin in an HIV patient. 2 weeks and a gazillion tests ordered by the ID doc and the bone marrow biopsy they finally got is positive for Hodkins lyphoma.

7. Bear Bryant

Bear Bryant Guest

It's more profitable to test than to diagnosis correctly the first try. Didn't they teach you ANYTHING in med school?

You are from Kentucky, right? I coached there for a while. All they wanted to do was play basketball. Their football teams have sucked forever. Just think, kentucky could have had me as their legendary coach if they just gave two shits about football. ...and don't even say "Louisville" to me. They wouldn't last a season the SEC.

Thats you on the right isn't it?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2007
  8. DangerousD

DangerousD New Member

Actually they pay by the diagnosis from my understanding. The amount of testing has no bearing unless you are the doctor performing the procedure as in the radiologist reading the scan. Also, if you have a possible infection of the brain with a history and a mental status change it probably deserves a scan.