Under the Dome

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by phatboy, Dec 9, 2009.

1. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I know, this is a book. I just have know where to put it.

I am about 400 pages into this and like it a lot. It's got the usual Stephen King characters, pain pill junky, headacher, tough guy-bad guy, hero, weird story.

It is really good so far. Size wise I'd say its about as thick as "IT", but not all geared towards a group of kids.

There is a map of the town (cool) and no foreward section (also cool). It's a good read and I'm really getting into it, if work would quit getting in the way.

2. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

3. Aballister

Aballister New Member

I strongly recommend "The Stand". It's a big fucking brick but easy to get into. Classic story of good-versus-evil in a post-apocalyptic world. Check it out.

4. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Read the stand years ago.

Joe, its a little more than 400 pages, I was on 580 or so last night and am a little over halfway done. Maybe the 11.00 version only has 6pt font? :)

It's starting to get really interesting. People are dropping like flies.

Headaches/Seizures/Drug Addiction (like a weekend in Canada).... I joke I joke..... I keeed I keeed..

5. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I read the Dark Tower series (all 7) by Stephen King. I may try to find "Dome" on CD. I like those for road trips.

6. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I was only able to find it in town in hard back. I looked at a few places for the Paber back ones, but no dice.

7. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Yeah I saw it at Best Buy yesterday BAFB. (big book)

8. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I finished this off over last weekend. It was good, not 'OMG' good, but good. The end of it was kind of different. Like maybe he was writing the book so it could be made into a movie.

9. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

I have to say I despise Stephen King. When I was younger I read "eyes of the dragon" and "It" and "Different Seasons" or some shit like that. Pretty good stuff. Everything I read by him since then has blown Severe Donkey. I attempted to get through "Blaze"..... big piece of crap. "From a Buick 8".... unscary and dragged out. Even those short stories blow. I read one in a Playboy issue recently about a pack of ghost elephants. It sucked. Riding the Bullet..... sucked. Stationary Bike..... sucked harder.

Fuck Stephen King.

10. Schmed

Schmed New Member

I fucking love Eyes of the Dragon.