Two new nuke plants

Discussion in 'More Serious Topics' started by Joeslogic, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

That right

Jane Fonda, James Taylor, Jackson Brown, The Doobie Brothers, Bruce Stringstein, Crosby, Steels, Nash, Young....

A bunch of lefties will be out protesting I'm sure on acount of their principals regardless of which administration it is right?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  2. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

No nuclear power plants? Or no nuclear weapons?

3. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Cheese you should know that Nuke power has been a rally cry for the liberal hippy establishment.

Answer "No nuclear power" read your history books. It is just that it was always a conservative that wanted to harness nuke power to fix the energy problem. Something for them to rally against and be a thorn in the side of a president.

Now we find that the hippies really don't and didn't care then or now. :rolleyes:

4. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

We've had a nuclear power plant here in Maryland for years. No one, conservative or liberal, has complained about it. Back in the nineties someone thought it might have been causing fish mutations in the Chesapeake bay. Turned out that it wasn't. They were just finding fossils from extinct animals like the megladon.

America hasn't had a nuclear meltdown scare since three mile island over 30 years ago. Why would liberals (or anyone for that matter) give a damn about nuclear power as long as it was safe?

5. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Good question.

6. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Brokdorf Nuclear Power Plant

During the building phase in the 70's and 80's there were violent protests of nuclear power by opponents.

http://nukefree.org/

*headlines*

CRISIS IN VERMONT: ON-GOING COVERAGE

* Nuke

Radiation release may have affected 217

* Nuke

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/technology/Radiation+release+have+affected... By Linda Nguyen, Canwest News Service February 17, 2010 At least 217 workers at the Bruce Power nuclear plant ... read more

Talking Points to Shut Vermont Yankee

* Act Now

Dear Friends, Yesterday Senate President Peter Shumlin announce that the Senate will vote next week to close Vermont Yankee as scheduled in 2012. We need your help to contact senators and go to the ... read more
    New Mexico Nuclear Action Alert

* Act Now

NRC opens its new Open Gov website service

Obama's Nuclear Blunder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjU6JKkKQP4

History of the Oppostion Towards the Waterford III Nuclear Power Plant

diablo canyon nuclear power plant

READ THE COMMENTS HERE ITS ALL ANTI-CAPITALIST / ANTI-REPUBLICAN
    BTW they always fine in the decades after "scientific" reasoning against a nuke plant. A "scientist" finds an earthquake fault line they did not know about previously. Or an endangered slug or something AFTER the case.

7. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I could spend a week gathering hundreds of post to prove my point.

Nuclear Energy *not so much weapons* is still and has been a rally call for liberals and the liberal press to exploit against any Republican period point blank. This was true for the previous five decades going back to the 60s and is still true to this day.

The only difference is the media is sitting on the story not trying to stir the pot and liberal radicals are besides themselves not knowing how to react. Do I need to go into my explanation of exactly why there have to be rolling brownouts in California every summer? *Hint* Its not because of "Deregulation" as a matter of fact is is entirely do to "regulations* caused by restrictions imposed on the industry by RADICAL LEFT WING PROTESTERS.

8. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

While HLW is a problem... I thought the US had a site in Nevada where it was all to be disposed of. I suppose if we keep using Nuclear Energy, we may eventually be looking at a problem.

If folks can come up with a way to produce enough energy using Wind, Solar, and other energy sources, I'm all for it. But until then, as long as nuclear is safe, I'm for Nuclear power all the way.

9. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

The argument against nuke power is a compelling one and all the more so since any nuke reactor can potentially be a prime terrorist target. Do we want an American Chernobyl?

So what is a media to do? I mean their principals historically tell them to mobilize the protestors and the news cameras. Right?

WRONG

Instead they mobilize a propaganda campaign to turn the tide of public opinion towards Socialized healthcare.

Their anti-nuke principals go straight out the door if enacting on them damages a Democrat president.

This is what I'm talking about that so few see when I mention liberal media.

10. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

A better target would be the oil refineries and processing plants in Galveston, TX. With something as small as a black powder pipe bomb, a terrorist could essentially wipe out 20 percent of our fuel surplus.... not to mention the incredible death toll.

That russian incident is over 20 years old. More precautions have been added since then to ensure it doesn't happen again.

11. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

That does not go very far to undermine the "potential" of a nuke plant target. American plants already had precautions in place to prevent a Chernobyl type incident they are better designed but that's not to say with the "proper" encouragement it could not happen.

Oh and I could come up with scores of better examples then Galveston, Pasadena, or Baytown Texas. But that would be irresponsible why let our Yankee ingenuity work against us? Never underestimate the stupidity of an enemy that uses planes and our own liberal establishment against us and assume they already know what would seem the obvious.

12. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

A terrorist would have to enable the power rods to come close enough together and stay there long enough to generate enough heat to iniatiate a meltdown. That means he/she would need access to highly protected computers and have such a degree of knowledge that they could hack about 6 different levels of security before someone calls for a shutdown. Far cry from hijacking a plane with a boxcutter and flying it into a building.

13. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Nah, not really. The weakest link need not be the person behind the computer but rather timing and no more sophistication than has already been demonstrated.

14. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Well this is apparently being researched.

Al-Qaeda Suspect From NJ Worked At 6 Nuke Plants