TV question

Discussion in 'Technology' started by moremetal4mepls, Feb 27, 2009.

1. moremetal4mepls

moremetal4mepls New Member

I have recently purchased a Plasma TV, and there is nothing in the manual on how to clean the screen. I have seen online to use H2O only, and then I have seen cleaner at Walmart. Anyone know? Thanks in advance.:)

2. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

They sell stuff for it.

I don't have a plasma but I don't use anything to clean my lcds except for a soft cloth. It just gets dust, no fingerprints.

I use eyeglass cleaner on my laptop (same thing as an lcd, I know). Dunno if that is bad or not. Doesn't seem to hurt it.

3. phatboy

phatboy New Member

They make a drywipe notebook screen cleaner, but I dont think anything hurts them, I am guessing anything with alcohol in it would suck, windex has ammonia, so may want to stay away from ammonia based cleaners.

4. BigEddie

BigEddie New Member

I have a 52'' Samsung LCD I bought a few months ago. Forgot what the guy said to use, but he said dont ever use Windex. I hardly ever lay my fingers on the screen, so I just use a feather duster, gets the dust off when it needs to be cleaned. That seems to do the trick.

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Yeah, as long as no one is fingering it up, there is no real need to use any type of chemical.

All but one of mine are mounted. I don't know why, but they don't seem to get as dusty on the wall.

6. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

***Disclaimer - since we can't edit our posts, I wanted to put this out there - I wrote this response a day or so ago as a joke, and it should NOT be taken seriously by the original poster, or anyone reading this thread in the future. The methods and procedures I jokingly refer to in the next few sentences are to be preformed at your own risk. I strongly recommend researching this before trying anything you might consider doing after reading some bullshit over the Internet.

Acetone.

Straight up.

While you're at it, mix some bleach and ammonia. Wait half an hour while watching the reaction that occurs, in a closet, preferably, and then go about your cleaning with the solution created.

Full strength.

Just don't use a horse-hair applicator brush.

********DO NOT USE MY ADVICE. YOUR SCREEN WILL MELT*********

*(if you survive the instructions given earlier.)