This video is exceptional thats why I'm posting it.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Joeslogic, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

2. Nicodemus

Nicodemus New Member

I kind of got that feeling as well, but it was still amusing. :lol:

3. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Oh, that was beautiful. I had seen that short (on Break) not thinking there was much to it but I love the ending. Aside from the canuck accents, rednecks are rednecks. I could overdub the soundtrack and it'd be just like here in Alabama. Never bring a bat to a gunfight.

4. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

The Canucks never suspected there might be a handgun involved with their gun laws. There are statistics that show increases in violent crimes by stabbing or other means as well as aggravated assault in areas were handguns are restricted.

A movie with a good ending the good guy got even on that one.

5. anti-you

anti-you New Member

cite sources please because that sounds like bullshit.

there are more guns now than ever before. its very easy to get a gun here.

and i saw that video a while back on filecabi.net, good stuff.

6. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Could be bullshit for all I know. Where you at Canada?

7. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

NM I looked. I do not lve in Canada but I have seen stats. Problem is you can make statistics show what you want them to depending on the perspective. For example Statistics with no gin laws exsisted in the 1800's and there were very little incidents of beatings with baseball bats. Go figure. Statistics after gun laws were put into effect show a 300% increase. Well go figure why.

This is the Film forum not intending to get into serious discussions about gun laws though.

Just thought it was a cool-ass movie. :D

8. chester grape

chester grape New Member

I bet those statistics also show a dramatic decrease in the number of shootings.

9. Ferine

Ferine New Member

Shootings, stabbings, they're still dead, no?

10. chester grape

chester grape New Member

No. The chances of dying from a stab wound are significantly lower than from dying of a gunshot wound.

While I don't believe everything I read on the internet, here are a few sources for my claim:

(a) "With-gun robberies are three times as likely as with-knife robberies to be fatal to the victim" - 1st paragraph
    (b) "Gunshot wounds of the heart are generally associated with 2 to 4 times the mortality of stab wounds to the heart" - 5th paragraph
    (c)"Survival was better following stab than gunshot wounds" - 3rd article cited

11. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

So if you die from a stabbing its not as bad as from a gun shot?

12. chester grape

chester grape New Member

Yeah, yeah. That was my point exactly. :roll:

13. chester grape

chester grape New Member

Oh, by the way, I think the video is funny but I also think it's a fake.

14. phatboy

phatboy New Member

If it wasnt for the accents that video could have been shot anywhere in the south. Especially Alabama.

I think he was saying, that if you get stabbed and die, you are in a very low percentile of people who have died from stab wounds. Unless of course Charlie Manson's friends visit and your last name is Tate.

15. Ferine

Ferine New Member

I know chester, I was just being a smart ass. Everyone is well aware of how you feel about guns and the laws pertaining to them. Posting the prettiest pictures of gunshot wounds, reminding me of the good ole' days in Alabama, seeing the aborted fetus pictures being waved outside the clinics before the nice little Christians blew it up. You aren't planning on stabbing a gun enthusiast are you? :shock:

Terrible Canadian actors ruined this video.

16. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Phatboy coming to you live from Hazzard County.

17. phatboy

phatboy New Member

"Geeee Geeee Geeee"

They only implied that was in Georgia, not until the movie did they say it was Georgia.....it was always Capital City, not Atlanta......

18. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

*Kee kee kee* Your got that right my phat little buddie!

19. chester grape

chester grape New Member

While I understood your first points, what exactly is this bit supposed to mean?

20. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Her point was that both sides are pretty fucked up. Not to mention classless.