The United States of Tara

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by phatboy, Jan 22, 2009.

1. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I watched one of the first episodes the other day. It is pretty damn funny. I will have to watch more to see if it is just a fad.

Oh, and gary unmarried is the funniest show on tv (evar).

2. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I'm kinda doubting anything could be more funny than It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

David Faustino (sp?) (Bud Bundy, from Married...) has a show on crackle.com. I think it's called Star-ving. I'm going to check it out.

3. Schmed

Schmed New Member

I'm with you on that.

4. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

My sister Tivoed it- and was watching an hour ago- and kept calling me to tell me funny stuff. She said it had Aidan in it from Sex in the City...I like him

She also said- she thinks I will relate to Tara...said I have a slight case of the multi personalities ...
    I cant wait to watch it

5. BigEddie

BigEddie New Member

I caught it a few days ago. I seem to hate Diablo Cody's think-they-know-it-all teen female characters. Either I'm not normal or I that bitch never got spanked when she was a kid. I swear, when I have kids they will know not to talk to me like that.

6. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Your kids are going to punk you out and steal coins from your change jar to buy smack.

:)

I do agree with you though. Too many shows have these kids being all badass to their parents. If I'd have tried that shit with my mom, she would have put me through a wall. My kids are smart enough to not do it where I can hear. I like to say, "What was that?" when I know they're bitching. I always get 'Nothing.......' in that crappy kid tone.

7. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Okay. I didn't laugh. They are really short 5 minute or so shows unless I am doing something wrong.

8. phatboy

phatboy New Member

They are half hour. Which is odd, cause the first one I watched seemed to be an hour.

9. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Then I must be doing something wrong. I don't think I would want to waste an hour watching it.

Did you? Was it any good?

10. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

I watched it today - US of Tara... I loved it. And it made me love that guy (her husband/Aidan from Sex in the City) even more.

11. BigEddie

BigEddie New Member

Honestly, if I had a wife like that, I think divorce wouldnt be such a bad idea....and if those kids were involved she could keep them.

12. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I think their arrangement of no-pokey with the 'alters' is BS. Thats like hitting the wife lotto, except for that buck dude, but then again he's pretty funny. But the 'better homes and gardens' chick and 'T' would have to tote one.

13. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

when I watched it at my sister's house... I said it looks fun & I wanted to have multi personalities. To have an excuse to just act like that...and it not be considered as YOU.... that would awesome. I could have my redneck butch moments, whore moments, crazy moments... I bet a bunch of rich bored housewives start coming down with the same shit. But I would allow poky time.

I only saw one episode - the one where the daughter had a ballet thing. How many shows have came out? I did not see the better home & garden personality... If I had multi personalities- I would skip that one

14. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I saw two more on demand (show time - series)

The one where 'buck' beats up the 'samurai boyfriend' is funny.

"I didnt raise you to get pushed around by boys with pony tails"
    "They're samurai knots"

15. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Into the third episode. I have only laughed twice since the first episode. Homomade... I thought that was funny and when Alice put the hand soap in her daughters mouth. I laughed at that too. Alice is my favorite personality.

I'm probably going to get horribly disfigured for saying this but...

But I can't get past how ugly this woman is. I mean, I can barely stand to watch her she's so ugly. People with six head need to wear bangs.

She looks like Charlize Theron's character on Monster, but scarier.

It's hard to not be distracted by her ugliness.

I feel so sorry for John Corbett.

16. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

And the daughter needs written off of the show.

I think they will cancel this show after one season. If they don't, they are retarded. They cancelled Huff after two seasons and that was a fantastic show and poor Meadowlands was cancelled in the UK before Showtime ever even aired it. I don't know why they teased people with it. It was a good show that deserved a second season.

This American Life and Weeds are the best things that Showtime has going for them. Dexter needs to end before it gets really stale and The United States of Tara really belongs on primetime. It's not very thought provoking or edgy. I think it should be right behind Scrubs. They are in the same arena. I really hate Scubs, so that's not a compliment.

17. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I think since the original episode it has dropped off a bit. Once you get passed the different personalities it is already stale. There is only so much you can do with it, if there is no other underlying theme/story. And whats with all the shows having queer kids on them? It's like all the shows have to have at least one homosexual on it or they cant get funding.

I cant' watch dexter because I used to watch 6ft under.

18. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

I still have only seen the one show...

I loved 6" Under.

When I look at people that have a bunch of kids... I always say "little_____ is gonna be gay when he grows up" Every family has one (just some dont know it)

19. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Are you talking about your soon-to-be ex again?

6' Under (buried)
    6" Under (not so deep)

20. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

haha I meant 6' Under... and yeah he was way 6" under ... and I could care less if he was 6' under.