the nintedo wii looks like shit in high def

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dwaine Scum, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

I decided to try mario galaxy in high def, so on the 37 inch, it wont go past 480i, and it has horrible jaggies when you aspect ratio zoom.

so in the 37 inch, its 19 inches in the center of the screen. I see at my accessories shop, they sell Wii component cables,, but I wonder if it will make fuck all of a difference? I am going to beat Mario and sell this piece of shit, or I am just going to smash it with a hammer to watch Fernando cry

2. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Why you always picking on the beaners?

:)

COD4 looks good on the 42".....

3. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

that it fucking does, and not to cause a snit, but COD4 through a HMDI cable, looks amazing. ZERO anti-Aliasing, everything is smooth. And Ratchet and Clank tools of destruction looks amazing in 1080 I through the HDMI. It sounds weird, but HDMI cables do make better picture, and sound quality. Fuck component cables. I know Nintendo makes a component cable, but its still for 480i. So, is it worth the 6 bucks for the Wii component cable? I know it was near impossible to get one on Wii day, they had ZERO at gamestop, with 36 units. and walmart had 24 units and 4 cables. I really don't know if they make a difference or not, i do know that Nintendo
    thieving whores of America wants $39.95 for a cable I can get from china for $5.79 plus $0.01 shipping. Plus they also sell car ​
    cigarette plug for your Wii, and full sized Zelda shields. I love the Chinese​
    video game accessory site I order from

4. phatboy

phatboy New Member

We have the component cable set for the 360. Do they have an HDMI cable for it? When we went they only had the components. Not bad though.

5. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

you have to get a Xbox Elite, it has a HDMI out port. If its a regular xbox, its component only. Still looks good, into 1080i, just 1080i HDMI looks about 30% better, plus it has better sound, and its one cable, one connector.

CES Toshiba made no announcement on HDDVD format, so it's officially dead. I wonder what MS is going to do now?

6. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

You're not going to get high def from your composite cable... My Galaxy looks great on the 47" w/ component cables (same cheap Chinese ones).

You also have to go into your system menu and set up the system for Widescreen. (it's 480p, too)

7. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Dwayne and his Mario Galaxy is just like the scene in the Simpson's movie where bart's grabbing the hot cocoa off Flander's window sill. :biggrin:

8. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

spell my name right faggo,,, Secondly i have had thios game for like a month, only tried it out, wasent impressed. I was going to hook it up on the high def tv, instead on the 36 inch Philips. meh what ever. Im going to go break a blind mute girls hands so she can't tell anyone I raped her.

9. Fernando

Fernando Member

Component cables will make a small difference, less blocky. Really for the specs it's rather incredible looking.

10. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Quote of the year. Hands down.