The joys of walking in the snow with these....

Discussion in 'Random Media' started by Ulfur Engil, Mar 11, 2007.

1. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

see sig!

2. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

Ok, well i'll have a 'flaming faggot' then, please.

3. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Corona and Lime is the official drink of the Redneck Riviera. I knew you would fit in here.

Short story about Corona - back in the old days it was a cheap beer imported from Mexico. It came in clear bottles because they were cheaper. Dark bottles were much more expensive at the time. Sunlight degrades beer quickly, so it often tasted like "skunk beer" quickly. Corona tasted terrible, but was very cheap and had a good kick to it. The local alcoholics from Texas to Florida bought it, and if it was Skunky that put a lime in it to kill the taste. Pretty soon the tourist say the locals drinking Corona with Lime, and the beach and beer connection was born.

Today the Mexican brewery that makes Corona is owned by Anhueser/Busch. If you drink Corona, you might well be drinking Budweiser, Busch or an of the dozens of other beers they market. My bet says that they all come from the same vat.

Here is an Anhueser/Busch family photo -

4. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

5. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

Christ! Not you as well! I only put 'Corona with a slice of lime' because it sounds 'gay'. I don't actually like it and usually drink Nastro Azzurro or Becks. Ok?

6. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

DO you know why they put the lime on the corona? there is no sterilization in corona, they reuse the bottle, the lime is used for antiseptic.

7. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

8. GAS

GAS New Member

Let's throw the Chaldeans in there too, watch a bunch of fucking assholes.

9. GAS

GAS New Member

Try Dos Equis, it's the best beer to come outta Mehico in my opinion.

10. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

FYI - I hate Corona. Even with Lime, it is nasty cheap swill.

If I had to choose - I would rather drown myself in Old Scratch Amber Lager. If that is unavailable, which is usually, I settle for Yuengling Draft.

I have been on the wagon for a while, after a brief courtship with disaster. A dozen raw oysters and a five gallon boiler of crawfish could tempt me greatly though.

11. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

Yeah, but they're pretty goddamn good looking with it. 8)

12. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

RE:
    And on that note you can sample any one of them if you go to Bush Gardens and take a rather impressive tour of a distillery. They give chits for two beers each and when you start the tour it starts at the bar. If you go with five others two of which do not care for free beer you can sample six different kinds. Then at the finish slip back over to the bar and get six more. If you manage to convince your accomplices to accommodate you once again.

That part is great. This part is not though: Be advised do not ride the Merlin the Magician adventure ride complete with 3-D effects. After 8 or so beers it is highly unadvisable.

13. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I toured the brewery in Busch Gardens, Williamsburg, VA. The place smelled like shit! Free beer, though.

14. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

Well isn't that super! :-\
    This looked like such a promising thread too. To have somehow managed come to this level of mundanity leads me to suspect that Improtected has been using her voodoo to bring everyone down to her level. Some people just can't play fair.

15. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

fuck her, shes a Puerto Rican

16. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

Yeah, fuck her in her dirty Puerto Rican pipa de la mierda, the ho.

17. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

My Spanish is poor, but I think I got the the pipe and excrement part.

Par for fugly I guess.

18. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

True especially if you’re in a bar. Cause it just kind of sounds cool. Pronounced “dos'ek’es” when ordering drinks in a bar sounding cool is very important. Right up there with the other rule of never order a domestic beer. Unless it’s a Pabst Blue Ribbon which is trendy lately. But you have to order it really nonchalantly "I'll have a P.B.R." not by the full name cause then you are once again a nerd. It is important to follow these rules no-one wants to be a nerd.

19. phatboy

phatboy New Member

You mean you don't just call them double Xs?

damn it, I am a nerd.... :-\

20. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I don't know if a picture of Ulfur's boots was worth 6 pages, but when a conversation goes on long enough, it's bound to turn toward: beer, sports, and/or sex.