THE ARAB FLIGHT CREW

Discussion in 'Jokes, Funny Stories and other Text.' started by Joeslogic, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

The brand spanking new Airbus 340-600, the largest passenger airplane ever built, sat in its hangar in Toulouse, France without a single hour of airtime. Enter the Arab flight crew of Abu Dhabi Aircraft Technologies (ADAT) to conduct pre-delivery tests on the ground, such as engine runups, prior to delivery to Etihad Airways in Abu Dhabi. The date was November 15, 2007.

The ADAT crew taxied the A340-600 to the run-up area. Then they took all four engines to takeoff power with a virtually empty aircraft. Not having read the run-up manuals, they had no clue just how light an empty A340-600 really is.

The takeoff warning horn was blaring away in the cockpit because they had all 4 engines at full power. The aircraft computers thought they were trying to takeoff but it had not been configured properly (flaps/slats, etc.) Then one of the ADAT crew decided to pull the circuit breaker on the Ground Proximity Sensor to silence the alarm.

This fools the aircraft into thinking it is in the air.

The computers automatically released all the brakes and set the aircraft rocketing forward. The ADAT crew had no idea that this is a safety feature so that pilots can't land with the brakes on.

Not one member of the seven-man Arab crew was smart enough to throttle back the engines from their max power setting, so the $80 million brand-new aircraft crashed into a blast barrier, totaling it.

The extent of injuries to the crew is unknown, for there has been a news blackout in the major media in France and elsewhere. Coverage of the story was deemed insulting to Moslem Arabs. Finally, the photos are starting to leak out.

2. moremetal4mepls

moremetal4mepls New Member

You should see these assholes try to park 18 wheelers... After about 5 failed attempts and various damage to other trucks, they finally paid someone to do it for them.

3. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I have parked a shit load of 48' and 53' trailers in my time. Other then having to guess at what you cannot see in the mirrors, IMO those long trailers are easier to park more predictable.

We had quite a few arabs living in Nashville when I worked for a freight company that was down the road from the City impound lot. They would drive like maniacs back and forth all day long to the impound lots. I believe they were strongarming into the used car business. They had their people watching the impound lots like a hawk and getting the sell able cars before anyone else could. Then you would see little car lota all around with 10 or so cars on the lot half of them had the trunk locks replaced with the tell-tell obvious scratches from someone busting it out with a hammer and punch or large screwdriver. Some Arab guy would be walking around showing cars.

I give it 10 more years and it will be Arabs only in the ultra crappy cheep used car business.

4. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Well Arabs and Persians that is.

5. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Persians build nightclubs with wall to wall blue shag carpet and gold trim.

(see southpark)

I didnt know the po po sold the cars on the impound lot, I dont even know if we have an impound lot.....hmmmm.... I might be able to score some dubs for my acura....

6. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

If no one claims them after a set time frame they are sold. Go down there and let me know if you see the same trend. Arabs driving like mad max competing over who gets the sellable ones.

7. Icenhour

Icenhour New Member

my husband is Arab- and yes they decorate tacky.... if it was up to him, our house would look like a 1980's whore house. When he goes shopping I have to return 90% of the crap he buys.

8. phatboy

phatboy New Member

does he own a nightclub called Les Bos????? :)

I leave all the decorating stuff up to the wife. I can do the work, but let her pick out the colors and what not.

Did you get your SUV?

9. Icenhour

Icenhour New Member

no- was 2 crampy last weekend- I did get a new bed.... tomorrow my husband leaves for 13 days to Morocco...prolly gonna bring home some more tacky crap... so looks like Im gonna have to wait... I might do all the test driving while he is gone... and have my mind made up by then.

10. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Thats a good plan. That way the 13 days you are waiting on him to get back the dealers are waiting too. Just make sure you drop lots of 'well Im considering this, or this...' crap on them, that way when you go back they will be on their knees trying to get you to buy.

I think I am heading out to drive an Altima today. Since I am Mr. Mom in the mornings taking the kids to school I need 4-doors. So my acura is on the block.

11. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Play good cop bad cop. One is considering it. While the other is against it. Constant comments. KBB said... Consumer reports said... I like X car better... Make sure the price agreed upon includes everything out the door so the finance guy does not add crap on. They add stupid crap like title registration fee. Tell them you will be glad to register the tile yourself (a drive to city hall and 15 min of your time if your lucky) vs 2 or 3.00 stupid dollars etc.

Buy on a Friday after noon in the evening when the sales guy just wants to go home.

If he has you sit in an office for more then 3 minutes waiting on him for something do not say a word just leave and have him call you back. Make him chase you aroung the lot. Might as well play the same game he likes to play. (he is just back in the break room studying stratagy on how to screw you over while sipping coffee and joking with his sales buddies about his "flakey" customers he had this week)

I hate sales people BTW.

12. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

You got to put your foot down. I let mine talking me into painting a room "Flax" which looked sorta peachy tan. But as it aged it just turned pink.

Never again.

13. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Has anyone been able to verify if this is true? Nothing on any hoax sites.

14. phatboy

phatboy New Member

If they were in the cockpit of that plane there is an 89.7% chance they are all dead.

"Hey you, out of the gene pool!"

15. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

"Has anyone been able to verify if this is true? Nothing on any hoax sites."

I cannot find anything to invalidate it.

16. Ricky Boobie

Ricky Boobie New Member

It was proven to be true....

17. Ricky Boobie

Ricky Boobie New Member

Some of this might work...but buying on Friday does nothing. They usually work Saturday mornings and Sundays. Some of the salesmen are actually decent guys and they get screwed over by the "tower", which is management. The salemen are usually actually running back and forth working, but you also have to be careful. I only sold for a month and didn't like it, as I worked for one of the more notorious dealers, just went out of business also. Thank god. Bill Heard in Columbus, GA.

Can't get out of the registration. Watch out for finance. They try to sell your extended warranties and GAP insurance, as that's how they make their money.

Anyway, good luck on the car shopping.

18. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Man, there is an awful lot of people in here from GA now.

So we got an Alabama contingecy

Some peeps from Texas,

Now GA has 3.

Man, Obama is all about change!

19. UKTOTTY

UKTOTTY New Member

20. Ricky Boobie

Ricky Boobie New Member

Hey I lived for awhile in Alabama if that makes you feel any better...LOL.