Terminator Salvation

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Fernando, May 21, 2009.

1. Fernando

Fernando Member

All right, so I had to preview this today. Let me get this out of the way early. WOW. It sucked harder than 3, and I didn't think that was possible. This movie actually bored me sleep, there was like no real villain, just people running around the entire time. There was no new terminator, no real struggle, everything looked handed to them. 3/10, that's being generous.

PS. Christain Bale is horrid in it.

2. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Ok, got this from the 'hook up' and watched it. Im glad I didnt pay for it. There was some really cool scenes' in it, but a lot of really bad acting.

If you remember the original, when he had his flashback (forward?) the way the future looked and all, it wasnt like that. Sure the buildings were burned up and stuff from 'judgement day' and all, but the fact that the resistance had A-10s and hueys was kinda odd, not to mention the nuclear sub that was the defacto headquarters of the resistance.

It had a lot of opportunity to be really good, but a total lack of execution. I think 4 people on this board could come up with a better 'salvation' movie than that.

Christian Bale does his 'batman' voice way too much in it. Its kinda like the voice used by Robert Downey Jr in Tropic Thunder (when he was 'IN' character).

3. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Was he in "The Dark Knight?" Was that the same labored voice he tacked on towards the end when he was supposed to be pissed off?

Out of the entire movie, that was my only complaint. Everything else was great.

4. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Yea, thats him, its like he puts the suit on and his voice changes. Why cant he just sound like a normal person, and not the lead singer for AC/DC?