Super Mario Galaxy's Reviews

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Fernando, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I picked it up today (Thursday), and they were still giving out the gift cards...

2. nolo451

nolo451 New Member

cool i plan to go in like 3 hours. better still be doing that.

3. Fernando

Fernando Member

It's currently the second highest rated game of all time on Gamerankings.com, which is a compliation of every review on the web. It's very addicting and makes you feel good inside, maybe it's just old memories. Or maybe the music in this game is just fucking incredible, both work.

4. nolo451

nolo451 New Member

well, I got it witht he gift card. Now all I need is the Wii. They told me that they werent going to have any until Sunday though. Kinda makes me wonder if I shoudl go early in case they get sold out.

5. Fernando

Fernando Member

From my experience, wii's are not too hard to come by now a days. Try a gamestop or whatever they have in california.

Also, found the video performance of some of the games music. It's hard as hell.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=dzwgogAk9Ts

Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
  6. Fernando

Fernando Member

Surprisingly there is some tough parts to this game. One boss is hard enough alone, and then they make you fight him with just one health.

7. nolo451

nolo451 New Member

Got a Wii today, but they were only selling it with bundles for $300. I got it becaise it came with the Wii remote charging dock and some game. Cant play with it till Sunday night though since Im at my parents house and I dont want to open it here, Plus, my Mario game is at my place.

8. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I hate it when retailers pull that shit.

Be sure to pick up a copy of "Wii: Play" - it's fun on it's own, plus it comes with a Wiimote...

9. nolo451

nolo451 New Member

I wish they would at least let you choose the things to buy it with. Id rather have a 2nd remote.

and Wiiplay?? Havent heard of that. I havent had a system since like 02'(ps2). Im like an all new to video games all over again.

Used to subscribe to GamePro, OPM, and EGM back in the 90's.

Now i dont know jack.

10. Fernando

Fernando Member

Wii play is allright for the simple fact that it's free. Really, Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy, Zelda: Twilight princess, Zak and Wiki, Medal of honor heroes 2 and maybe Super paper mario are the only games you should play. Well, and wii sports, but that comes with the system.

11. nolo451

nolo451 New Member

Im planning to get Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil: UC, and Wii Play at Toys R Us on Sunday. Dont know if its true or not, but my friend told em that they are having a Buy two Get One free, for for days, starting Sunday. Plus, if I use my $25 giftcard, its three games for $75.

12. Fernando

Fernando Member

Good choices, only get wii play if it comes with the controller though. It's just a joke around game really.

13. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

Medal of honor heroes 2, was a steaming pile of shit, on any console. I got a Ps3, it's even better than the Wii is

14. nolo451

nolo451 New Member

Yeah, only reason Im getting that game, it looks like crap.

15. Fernando

Fernando Member

MOH2 got good scores from ign and gamespot so far. Plus, it has 32 man online wars, which should add to the playability.

16. Fernando

Fernando Member

Trauma Center: New Blood just got a good review from ign. Sweet. Another gift to ask for.

17. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

It's just good, simple fun. Imagine 2-player Duck Hunt 2007, a version of 'Tank' (think 2600), and space 'air hockey'... Great fun when you've got friends over, especially chicks that may not be all into games.

As for Mario Galaxy - finally played it last night, and I just have this to say:

Fucking Wow.

18. Fernando

Fernando Member

Told ya, gets better as you play it ironically. Never loses it's huge charm.

19. nolo451

nolo451 New Member

Well, I meant crap, as in it looks like repetitive mini games(i hate them). No need for chicks, since I have a girlfriend, but will note for future references if the need arises. :)

I cant wait till I plsy SMG. I havent opened my Wii yet, ill probably play it as soon as I get home tomorrow at like 3p.m. Gonna spend the entire day getting acquainted with it and hopefully playing Metroid, Super Mario Galaxy, and Res Evil.

Ive seen previews of SMG, it looks weird walking upside down.

20. Fernando

Fernando Member

it may make you a bit disoriented at first, but once you get to used to it, it's unbelievably good. Metroid takes a while to pick up unfortunately.

Try to rent out Wario Ware Smooth moves, its mighty fun while it lasts.

EDIT: Also, why no Twilight Princess? That's one of the Wii's most awesome games.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007