Sunday dinner on wedsday

Discussion in 'Fizood' started by Dwaine Scum, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

My father s getting out of rehab tomorrow, (physical, he had reconstructive knee surgery, not crack addiction, you judgmental ass-suckers) so I am making a Sunday dinner (gourmet for america) tomorrow, for his welcome home. Here is the Menu I have so far,

Beef Roast (chuck loin braised in Merlot nd shallots, cooked medium rare)
    Baked Macaroni and cheese (White Cheddar, sharp Cheddar and Asaigo)
    Nappa Cabbage brasied in Cabernet Sauvignon
    GArlic and PAnchetta mashed potatoes
    Smokey Chipotle Cornbread
    and Fresh just picked off the tree peach cobbler, with Peach sorbet

Oh and my neice won't eat rd meat so i am making her a swiss and gruyere chicken cordon bleu.

I am making everything fresh, from scratch, no pre-packaged, or processed crap for dad. Does this sound like a good meal, like a sunday dinner like grandma used to make? If anyone is interested, Ill be happy to share the recipiues I made.
    Any ideas or suggestionss to make this better?

2. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Sounds awesome. How big is your ktichen?

3. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

it's not very big, Mom and dad have a huge wonderful kitchen. i'm living Ghetto fabulous with approx 400 Sq foot. any suggestions on the meal? Oh I am getting a lot of stuff from my garden (peaches, onions, tomatoes, squash, herbs, berries, etc) I am really trying to stay "local, home grown produce, cooked simply." I'll take some pictures

4. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Saute the squash and onions with some olive oil or butter.

5. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Yes, I like the onions and squash in the extra virgin olive oil. That is a campout favorite.
    I like to put one of those aluminum pans on the grill with the brats, let it simmer while the brats slow cook. Toast the buns, lay the brat in, put a little spicy mustard on it, then smother it with onions and sqaush.

Nothing like a sausage dog you need to eat with a fork!

Dont even get me started on the bratwurst hot tub. :p

Nothing better goes with a case or two..... :)

6. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

I have a sausage stuffer attachment on my mixer. Could there be a batch of homemade brats for fuglites in the future?

7. Robman97

Robman97 Member

Sounds like a great meal. I might drive out that way and crash the party.

8. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

9. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

10. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I usually slow grill them, careful to not let them rupture. Then put them in the hot tub. There is no such thing as too much butter/onions/beer. So go with what makes you happy. You can also season them more, if desired, while they are simmering.

11. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

when hunting season is back i swing (october? november?) I'll bag a few wild pigs, and make some brats.

12. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

You're going to impregnate some fat chicks?

13. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

well it is hte changing of the seasons, but I'll do that after I hunt donw the wild boars.

14. phatboy

phatboy New Member

You need the fat chicks to keep you warm at night, plus you cant cut a skinny girl open and sleep inside her body if you are caught out in the snow. Duh. Havent you seen the empire stirkes back?

:p

15. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Hey, speaking of wild bores, it's phatboy, everybody!

16. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Be quiet chicken f*cker.

:)

17. DangerousD

DangerousD New Member

I don't know about the medium rare roast beef. I usually slow cook the roast beef at about 350 for 3 to 3 1/2 hours in a dutch oven I guess it's called which is really just a big iron kettle with water half way up the meat. First I braize the meet on a skillet. Then I broil it after putting some salt on it to give it a good crust. Then it just pulls apart as it is real tender.

18. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I have never heard of a dutch oven described like that.

:)

I prefer a pressure cooker. It will cook and tenderize the roast at the same time. Steam is awesome.