Star Wars Trilogy DVD

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Lomotil, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Picked it up last night, had to see what kind of changes the Jew made on his flicks (again).

The boxed set is nice, slightly plain once you get inside, but I like the angled Vader mask on the cover. Looks good in silver, too. On the inside, each DVD sleeve is fashioned to match the newer DVD releases of Ep. 1 & 2, but I can't help but think they look cheap. Luke has this "don't know what I'm doing with this flashlight" expression on 'A New Hope,' but the others look a little better. Vader is mentioned for the first time as a "Sith Lord" on the back of the Jedi box, too.

Only skipped through the first two discs, picking out a few scenes - I have to say that the video quality is fantastic. Light years beyond the Laserdisc releases (mainly cleaned-up images, less artifacts of the original cameras,etc.), and for the first time ever, I noticed that in the opening scene of Ep. 4, C3PO's lower legs don't match (I spent more time swapping between my LD-source DVDs and the new ones to compare scenes than actually watching the movies).

It's been a while since I'd seen parts of the '97 re-releases with the extra scenes/animation, but I think he did even more with these movies, and so far the only scene that got a complete overhaul (that I've seen so far) was the first appearance of the Emperor in ESB. Gone is the fleshy unibrow emperor (that never matched the one in Jedi) - replaced by an image that somewhat bridges the gap between Palpatine and the Emperor as seen in Jedi. The conversation between him and Vader has changed as well. He says something to the effect of "We have a new enemy... I'm confident that the one that destroyed the Death Star is the son of Anakin... Search your feelings... yadda yadda yadda..."

Anybody else have any thoughts? ...Schmedly?

2. Psycho Bob

Psycho Bob New Member

got any pics of the set? they were bangin on about it all morning on chris moyle's show, im tempted but then ill prob wait for the divx rips to surface on DC

3. DrBungle

DrBungle New Member

Lomo, did you hear much about the scene where Han shoots the bounty hunter in the cantena? They switched it so instead of firing under the table, he brings up to visable levels before he blasts him.

Apperently, it was too underhanded, so they changed it.

And, as much as I love Starwars, I hate adding more volume to Lucas' big fucking pile of money. . .so I'm still lying to myself and holding out on spending the money.

(My birthday is in October, and I can't help it if someone else buys it for me)

4. Schmed

Schmed New Member

I snaked one from my work on friday so i had a good chance to view it, picture and sound is fucking fantastic. Also notice at the end of return when the 3 ghosts pop up its not old guy anakin anymore its the kid that played him in episode 2 (and soon to be in 3) though i would really like the untouched originals on dvd, but i have a feeling i best just be happy with my vhs copies of those. Fucking Lucas.....
    ohh and one more thing, (this isnt new) but in episode 4 (star wars) notice that at one point in the death star a door lowers itself and one of the storm troopers rams his head into it..... or maybe its the door raising and he walks thru it to soon , cant remeber...

5. Psycho Bob

Psycho Bob New Member

yeah, theres another bit in episode 4 (a new hope) where vader is addressing the general bloke (the one leia accuses of holding vaders leish) where he finnishes speaking but is still waving his arms about like a loon

6. Deebo57

Deebo57 New Member

how much is the set?

7. Dr.Roboto

Dr.Roboto New Member

ive been thinkin about getting it, looks alright. we just got a whole shipment of them yesterday. cost bout $50, how much you guys pay for it? i havent seen those 3 movies in forever.

8. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

Don't they come out with a star wars trilogy set every few years?

9. DrBungle

DrBungle New Member

I was just strolling through wally world, they had the trilogy for $44.95

10. Deebo57

Deebo57 New Member

time to use my five finger discount coupon

11. Schmed

Schmed New Member

How old are you?? :roll:

12. Deebo57

Deebo57 New Member

you need to pick up a dictionary and look up the word joke or sarcasm,damn....

13. StrangelyBrown

StrangelyBrown Member

[sarcasm] Ohhhh a sarcasm detector, that is SOOOOO useful [/sarcasm]

14. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Haven't taken any pics of it, but they're everywhere on the 'net... Try amazon for a pic of the front...

and best buy for a pic of the back.

Haven't seen the Greedo scene yet, in fact, haven't even gotten around to watching much of them yet... I should really set up two DVD players and two TVs next to each other and run both the original and the new version side-by-side.

I might be able to help you with that...

I got mine at midnight at Wal-mart, for $42.84, and I noticed the next day that they jacked the price up to $45... Amazon is selling them for $41.99... DVDs are usually the cheapest the first week they're out...

Seems that way... I bet there will be some 'deluxe 6-movie superset' once Revenge of the Sith comes out on DVD, too...

15. Deebo57

Deebo57 New Member

thats what imma wait for