Sold My Acura.....

Discussion in 'Cars' started by phatboy, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I know. I wasn't meaning you. But there are a lot of people out there that screw people over and it ticks me off.

2. phatboy

phatboy New Member

:)

Yea, I know. I am hitting an Auto Auction on thursday, Im hoping the prices are worth it. I went to a couple before and it was like the dealers were trying to get over on everyone by saying they were selling 'wholesale'.

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I still want that RAV4. I get that feeling that I should go get it, but I know I would regret it.

4. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Yeah I know I'm just talking shit for the sake of it. Plus its my obsessive compulsive nature. I cannot stand the idea of pulling the motor and not at that point replacing the hard to reach items i.e. water/steering/ac pump and alternator. etc. But if it's a business deal then there is the bottom line. Of course the brakes, rotors, drums, shocks, struts, bearings, and races would not apply would it?

5. phatboy

phatboy New Member

The first one I did was an 89 Civic LX 4-door 5sp.

My little brother attempted to fix the head gasket and ended up screwing it up. So I got the car (in all it's little brother nastiness) for free. The head was still off and all the cylinder walls were rusty. So I decided to just get another motor.

1.5 4cyl - 425.00 (junkyard)
    Clutch - Pressure Plate - 120.00 (total 'lifetime' warranty)
    CV Axles - 65.00 and 85.00 (ones longer than the other)
    Brakes - 20.00
    Tires - 300.00
    Cleaning - about 2 hours
    Labor - about 8 -12 total hours (motor)
    Tint - Free

I sold it for 1850.00 and it got right at 40MPG

6. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

My tint job looks like shit in the back glass. I will have to take a picture and post it. I paid 160 bucks for it.

7. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Holy crap.

When I used to do it full-time we charged 85 for a two door and 95 for a four. Add 10 for the front strip.

Now its about 115-125. We used to have people drive down from Atlanta to do it cause their prices were too high up there.

I do all my own stuff, and every now and then do one or two for a friend. I think when I retire in a few years I might open a shop again. I really like working on cars, just not for a living. When I retire it will be a hobby that pays.

8. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I paid 20 for the strip up front and they didn't even put it on, so I had to go back and then the guy sweated all over the seat of my car. I wanted to melt right there on the spot. Oh, god it was sick. I felt like his DNA was seeping into mine somehow and now he is part of me. Although I don't feel like tinting windows shittily, so maybe not.

9. phatboy

phatboy New Member

:)

I am just pissed right now. Craigslist had a ton of vehicles that I was interested in, but now that I finally got all the money, I cant find crap. I will keep trucking... :)