So who watched the debate?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Nauseous, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I saw some of it. I was waiting for McCain to die, but he didn't. He kept calling the audience friends and that irritated me. His answers weren't that great. He was like, "We're America. We can do anything." But he didn't actually answer HOW we are going to do it.

It seems like when I watched the VP debate and the one last night every time the Republicans started to talk, I didn't get what they were saying. (McCain said earmarks 167 times) It was almost like that commercial where the stains talks over the guy in the job interview.

For those of you living under a rock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgtfC5LBAW4

2. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I watched it.

I think they both pretty much said everything they have been saying since they started running. Neither pointed out how they were going to make the country better. I think Obama looked more comfortable, and McCain looked like he was trying to hard to be 'chummy' with the crowd. They should have let the candidates aske each other a question or two. Our foreign policy is crap right now and it looks like we will be fighting in Russia, Venezuela, Iran, and North Korea before the decade is out.

I dont like the socialized health care idea. I have friends in Canada that hate it and they say it freaking almost impossible to get quality health care. I think if the fed wants to make sure all children are given the opportunity to get 'affordable' healthcare they should put it on the state. Georgia has 'peach care' which is about 14.00 a month

3. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Yeah Phat Tennessee had TennCare. I got no idea what Texas has even though I have lived here for three years.

They did pretty much say the same thing. If I were McCain I would have doubled the earmarks statement. Obama is one of the worst offenders in the Senate. In his short tenure he has ammassed close to a million in pork per day in the senate a lot going to family and friends.

Don't get me wrong though I cannot give McCain a free ride McCain has an awsome record as far as earmarks go but at the same time he is in my opinion only a pseudo or quasi conservative. Which means like Bush did he will pander to the liberals and get America as well as the Republican party screwed and then take the blame. Just like the Mortgage crisis.

4. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

5. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

...Will probably watch debate #2 tonight.

Slander to follow...