So should I get a new Hobby????

Discussion in 'Medical Advice' started by phatboy, Aug 15, 2006.

1. phatboy

phatboy New Member

This is what I do in my spare time......

2. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

And I'm a part time arsonist. We should hang out.

3. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I think there is a little fire bug in all of us.......

I actually had to put out a barbeque shack one night. It was hilarious. I was taking my son to get some ice cream and I see this building billowing smoke and these three ladies standing outside with a fire extenguisher trying to spray it through a screened window. I said, " I'll be right back" locked him in the truck, he was 5, so he rolled down the window and watched me put the fire out, and as we left the fire truck was going by and my son goes, "Where are they going? you done put it out" LOL.

4. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

You huff propane?

I thought better of you.

I don't like fire. It has a mind of it's own, and lacks a conscience.

Barry

5. phatboy

phatboy New Member

In that picture I was getting to a valve to shut off the gas. The uncertainty of it all is pretty wild. I wish I had a pic of me on the rig that was going. There was fire in all directions, then when I got on top one of the streams got off and I was engulfed in flames. I turned that damn valve so fast my arms were tired when I was done....

The fire was shooting down, and then out the side. One stream was responsible for moving the flame out the back, the other for moving it around the side. I had to climb 12 steps up a ladder then on the top (which was eerily reminscant of a grill) was the valve to shut the gas off tot the whole thing. Wearing wet bunker gear, toting my SCBA on air the whole time.

Its fucking the best.

If it paid more I would do it full time...

6. phatboy

phatboy New Member

There is a little more explanation on this one........

7. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Not that it's a bad thing I mean at least they are finding a healthy way to channel their curiosity. But I read somewhere that in the volunteer firefighter circles you find the highest concentrations of fire bugs or arsonists if you will.

8. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Im an industrial fire fighter. Not local muni.

HAZMAT

Confined Space Entry

High Angle rescue

well mostly recovery. Not a lot of rescue if you know what I mean.....

9. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

cool, lets test your hobby, You hold a 20 lb tank of Chem-alene and stand in front of my torch, I'll see if I can get it hot enough to melt bone...

10. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Well thats scarry as hell to look at for some one who suffered a few third degree burns. What ever they pay I doubt it is enough.

11. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Do you call this the 'death star' or the 'allan parsons project'?

I dont do it for the money....that's for sure.

12. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Crawling on your belly to turn off a valve in the midst of an inferno.....

Scary

Having someone photo your efforts so that your wife and kids can have a record of your death......

thoughtful

Enjoying the whole thing....

Insano in the Braino.

13. phatboy

phatboy New Member

that was training...

Thats why the camera was there.

Man up barry. Sometimes when those who cant help themselves need help others need to step up. I would want someone to do the same for me. Or you, or your family. Or my family, or even dwaines punk ass.

14. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

lol i call it too fucking hot to sit behind in the summer, so I went back to school

15. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

oh and for the record, it's the DETHSTAR you kids and your new fangled startrek

16. phatboy

phatboy New Member

So is the picture actual size?

17. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

no the face of my torch is 70MM

18. phatboy

phatboy New Member

so what have you cooked with that other than glass?

If I send you a plane ticket will you fly to Iraq and use it at abu graib?????? Plus it looks hot enough that there wouldnt be much evidence left.....

19. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

it's water cooled, and reaches temps of 7500+ degrees

20. phatboy

phatboy New Member

That sounds similar to headee's vibrator, except for the temps, water cooled and fuel injected.........

Thats pretty fucking cool, the only artistic shit I do is fuck up cars so mexicans will buy them......they love Honda's........

I just bought two accords for 1200.00, I should turn them around for 2500, 3000 ea. I guess thats not really a talent though.......