So... my chick wants me to move to France with her...

Discussion in 'More Serious Topics' started by Lomotil, Dec 6, 2004.

1. rescue me     bettyx

rescue me bettyx New Member

Oh yeah, Dallas.

2. Dubya 2.0

Dubya 2.0 New Member

Have you ever left the States? Do you not have an ounce of foresight in your body? And damn right you're not getting any younger!

Sorry Lomo, the arguments you presented are absurdly hollow, sure stick with your 'career' plan the 2 years you'll miss out on travelling will be a huge comfort to you when you're pissing your pants in an old peoples home with an extra $3,000 stuffed under your mattress.

Jeez mate, this is an opportunity of a lifetime, I'm not suggesting that this woman is the 'one' but what I am saying is the memories and experiences that you will undergo during your travels will, I ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEE IT, enrich your life beyond measure.

The job you may leave, am sure will still be there when (and if) you decide to come back.

You should have said at the beginning of this post you had no intention of undertaking this opportunity and none of us would have wasted our time giving you the benefits of experience. :x

Go on waste your life, see if I care...

3. Checkmate

Checkmate New Member

I agree with Dubya's post uptop.....but i feel he may have left a few key points out, just an observation

one.....If she leaves you state side while she is expanding her horizons on the international playing field, when she returns the breadth of experience and knowledge with kill any chance of you being able to have a relationship, once the mind expands it rarely returns to confines it once came from or somethig to that effect

two.....These adventures are wonderful for finding out exactly who you are, what your made of, and giving you a much needed influx of spiritual energy, in the western world we seem to have a despertate grasp on technology, and a desperate grasp on science, but very little on the spiritual side of being human. I'm in no way saying that it will be a bed of roses, but the great memories and good times will far outway the bad ones.

three.....Soak up as much culture as you can, take in the art, the history, if your a visual person see italy the entire county is like one giant piece of art and beautiful people (for the most part), st.petersburg russia is a must see, and so are many others i could go on. This adventure will help put your life in focus and fill in some gaps and help expand your world view and see how we interact as a global communtiy, it will inspire, enable and promote a very much well need sense of balance and harmony at least it did for me. I can't say for sure how or if it will impact on you, but one thing for sure you will come back a changed person.

four.....It's always easier to stay in your comfort zone, never venture past your limits, but wouldn't it be worse to never find out, to have never at least taken the plunge? being nomadic is a great feeling for a while, you truly appreciate freedom and free thought and just how precious they are. there is no amount of money that could replace the experiences I have had travelling the planet.

five.....just say fuck it and go!! and remember to drop us a post or 2 with your adventures from the road!!

4. Checkmate

Checkmate New Member

one more thing, this might be stating the obvious but the only person not telling you to not go is the underage teenage girl with no real life experience or any worldy travels under her belt.

5. Dubya 2.0

Dubya 2.0 New Member

I didn't leave amy key points out at all, I just relied on someone else to clarify... or pontificate as such. :wink:

6. Dubya 2.0

Dubya 2.0 New Member

The only thing under her belt is chlamydia... (sp?)

7. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

:shock:

That was hilarious! :p