So... I get fired on "Good Friday"

Discussion in 'More Serious Topics' started by Lomotil, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

August would have made eight years. Never thought I could devote that much time to ANYTHING (that didn't swallow,) much less a job.

The funniest part of the whole ordeal is that in order to 'clean house' at my former workplace, they needed to set a precedent by making an example out of someone higher on the totem pole.

How funny is it, being made a martyr on Good Friday?

2. Homewrecker

Homewrecker New Member

You didn't want to retire from that place anyway, right? You needed a kick in the pants to go out there and use all of your college education anyway. So spread your wings, Phoenix.

3. bigpappadiaz

bigpappadiaz Member

What was your job exactly, and why is this giving me an erection?

4. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

he was the mop up boy at jack shack. He also sis a lil glory hole work on the side.

Sorry you fired Lomo. But Im with Babs .. time to move on

5. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

6. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I was looking into the unemployment thing, but shit - never knew about the schooling... I'd have gotten myself fired years ago if I knew they'd pay for my degree!

Wow... This all seems too Liberal to be true.

I swear, my first text after being canned was to an uber-liberal friend: "Wait. You mean I can sit on my ass at home and they pay me for it? I'm voting Democrat next time!"

I've been putting into the system since I was 15. No wonder so many lazy fucks live off this shit - they let 'em!

7. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

File ASAP it will take a while to get the paperwork. You will likely get 840.00 every two weeks. You have to earn it though by doing a job search and proof of a minimum number of job inquiries. Call me I'll go over what I know.

8. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Applied yesterday, filled out some job inquiries (5) - You still have the same number?

9. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member