Seven Pounds

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by BIGMAMA, Dec 19, 2008.

1. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

What is this movie about? The previews don't tell much. I have a feeling Will Smith is going to kill himself and donate his organs to people that need them... I dont know- that is my guess

For once I would like to see Will Smith play a bad guy.

I like Rosario Dawson- I saw an interview with her today promoting the movie- is it just me, or does she have deformed nose holes ... um I mean nostrils One is flat and long, while the other is round and high. I tried to google pics to show what I am talking about... and evidently she and photographers know this as well, and pose her in flattering positions.... or photoshop it

Kinda like how Shannen Doherty has those lop sided eyes- one higher then the other...by like 1/2 inch.

Did I just change topics in the first initial post. - I suck

2. nolo451

nolo451 New Member

If you want a straight out mini plot, go to Wikipedia and look it up, but yeah, what you said basically describes it, except he's looking for "good" people to donate them to or something of the like.

3. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Have no idea about Rosario but I remember all the people talking about Shannon like she is super hot. And commenting she looks like a picaso. I feel bad about that was when she was the Lindsey Lohan or Paris Hilton of the hour. I understand she is pretty cool now (one of the few Hollywood conservatives that publicly admit it)

4. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

From the title alone, I'd guess it's about one of the following:
    • Calista Flockhart?
    • Economics and wage scales in England?
    • An trigger that needs a spring trimmed?
    • The shadow cast by Ted Kennedy?

5. Fernando

Fernando Member

Let me spell it out for you then, the movie is awful. Very boring and you never feel anything for the characters, especially Smith. Way too sad for anyone, way too stupid for anyone. The movie felt like it was 4 hours the pacing was so horrendous, nothing redeemed this movie unless you want to have a girl cry next to you the entire time. It strikes at an emotinal level at first, you feel bad, then fuck it's like who cares.

And if you think Hancock had a bad middle twist (Arguably the worst twist in movie history), then you will throw up at how this movie ends. I wouldn't waste money on it, see Bolt, far more entertaining and will legitly make you feel emotions.

6. Schmed

Schmed New Member

I agree with Nando, except the Bolt part, I havnt seen it.

7. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

8. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

It might not be my eyelid. It's my entire eye. Jesus. I'm deformed. :mad:

9. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

All I remember about Rosario Dawson:

"Sometimes it's ok to go ass to mouth."

10. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I watched this over the weekend (DVD) and it was as Nando stated. You kind of picked the whole story line as soon as figured out what was up. I have no idea what Seven Pounds has to do with this movie, the title maybe as retarded as the movie. It tries to pull on your heart strings, like Armageddon or 'deep impact', but just like those, they tried really too hard. The ending is predictable, and the acting is so-so.

11. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I don't like anything Will Smith.

12. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

You lie!

One night while talking to you over the phone, I distinctly recall hearing "Nightmare on My Street" playing from a scratchy cassette player in the background...

And you were humming along...

13. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Now that you mention I do remember that video her hubby posted with 'parents just dont understand' playing in the background, of course she looked passed out, maybe she should check her drug list for cross medicating side effects.

:)

14. Fernando

Fernando Member

I'm telling ya, Will smith is a good actor but he always picks up the worst scripts.

15. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I've never even heard of that song. It's scary that you have. Hurts your cred. That's it, I'm downing your rep power.

16. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

That's what CVS is for. Down with your rep power as well. Uh! Take that!