Sarah Palin, creationism, sucession and book banning

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JEFE, Sep 3, 2008.

1. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

She has a couple of fine points. :)

2. JEFE

JEFE New Member

You really have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
    1.She had someone fired because they refused to fire a State Trooper for her, just to get back at him for divorcing her sister. That's what the investigation is about.

2. She didn't just associate with members of the party, she was a member. She only joined the Republican party to improve her chances to get elected is what is being said.

3. She wanted to fire the librarian because the librarian refused to BAN BOOKS. Banning books is bad, unless you're in favor of banning books, which you might be.

4. Obama's father is not a terrorist. His brother isn't plotting to kill Americans and Obama's former pastor, inflamatory as he is, doesn't speak for anybody but himself.

5. I can't believe I'm wasting my time arguing with you. Some one told me that this kind of thing is like mud wrestling with a pig. All you get is filthy and tired and the pig likes it.

3. JEFE

JEFE New Member

None of what knitterplease wrote was rumor or innuendo.

ALL of what you wrote was rumor an innuendo.

Read about it here.
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/50lies.asp

Stop making a fool of yourself.

4. JEFE

JEFE New Member

Hillary? I don't think it's been proven that she has a penis so... yeah. You're wrong.

You can't answer her question, can you?

5. JEFE

JEFE New Member

BADA BING!!! HAHAHAHA HA A H AAAA ha hahh hhheh hehh.. That's rich. You slay me.

Ok, now answer the question.

6. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

What's impressive about Sarah Palin?

1. She was a member of an independent party that talked about looking out for numbero uno. In their case, numero uno was Alaska. I expect as VP she will continue to look after numero uno, which for her will be the entire United States of America. I absolutely am not convinced that the US is Obama's #1. He didn't improve my opinion on this when he called himself a "citizen of the world." I am not electing the next "world leader." I am voting for the next President of AMERICA, and I would like some assurances that the US is 1st in their heart. I know that for certain with McCain, and 99% sure with Palin. Obama has a 3 % confidence level with me,and that is falling.

Sum it up - the fact that she is a radical free thinking barracuda makes me happy. I don't trust Republicans or Democrats, and I think deep down in their hearts McCain and Palin are loyal to neither.

2. She has done an admirable job running a State that covers a land mass that is 1/2 the size of the rest of the entire United States. No one denies that she has done a good job. VP is actually easier than Governor. It will be a step down for her.

3. She is smart as hell. Can't be denied.

4. She ain't afraid to kill a Bear and gut it herself. This fact may prove vital if the former Soviet Union continues to be led by the complete freaking lunatic that is now in power. I can't see Obama facing down a Lunatic Dictator, can you?

5. Say what you want about her religious booha, or her view on abortion. The fact is she has a moral compass that doesn't point continually to her crotch. Eddie, Teddy and Billy never had that. As a matter of fact, the entire Democratic party seems to have discarded the Black and White morality cards in favor of making everything Gray.

7. JEFE

JEFE New Member

You should have left it at the compliment on her tits. :)

8. knitterplease

knitterplease New Member

It's a pretty facile jump to say that because she put Alaska first, she'll put America first. She was a secessionist. She didn't want to be part of America at all.

Your opinions on dedication and party allegiances are yours to have, of course, and I won't argue with them - though Obama has worked plenty across party lines in the Senate, and it seems equally clear to me that he loves this country.

This is kind of a shocking statement. Alaska has a population of approximately 675,000. New York City has 10 times that number of people. It has large land mass, yes, but the population density is 1.2 people per square mile - the lowest in the country. It has an extremely simple economy, with one major revenue stream (oil, at about 87%) and no state sales or income taxes. And here's how admirably she ran the state (and before that, Wasilla, as mayor):

She ran on reform and ethics platforms, but has been plagued by (well-documented) abuse of power and ethical misconduct scandals in the past 20 months.

She is on record as supporting the bridge to nowhere before reversing her position - but she kept the $200 million set aside for it, and then lied and said she always opposed it.

She's slashed funding for social programs that help teen mothers and families of children with special needs - I mean, personally used her line-item veto to cut funds.

She threw good money after bad in several situations, making the problem worse and worse (this, from someone who believes in "clean governing") - take a look at the Matanuska Dairy case as an example (Agriculture board decides to shut down state-run dairy, Palin fires all board members and keeps dairy open, dairy hemorrages state money, a new buyer purchases dairy with federal grant, the result is 30,000 pounds of quarantined, toxic cheddar and millions of dollars down the drain).

She trashed Wasilla's budget during her term as mayor, leaving it $20 million in debt when it had been breaking even before - this, for a town of 8,000 people. There's a pattern of fiscal irresponsibility - she spends surpluses and then borrows (she hired an Abramoff lobbyist just to get earmarks for her town, to the tune of nearly $200 million per year) for future projects. The town hired a city administrator after the fiasco.

I really can't resist - if moral compasses are so important, why is no one talking about the fact that John McCain is a notorious womanizer? His first wife - a swimsuit model - was disfigured in a car accident while he was in Hanoi, so what did he do? Cheated on her with an Anheuser-Busch heiress 20 years his junior, and then finally divorced her and married Cindy five weeks later.

And Palin - she does indeed have a strict position on morality. It doesn't seem to be very sustainable or effective, though, if it doesn't even stick within her own family.

I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion, and I think the Dem ticket is a long, long way from perfect. I DO think that Sarah Palin is very smart, and strictly talking politics, she was a great choice for the McCain campaign. It's been very effective on the gut appeal level. But the pattern of lying, misrepresentation, the bad judgment calls, the casual approach to ethics - I think these are very serious issues with her. Probably no one will take the time to actually read this - instead there will just be a bunch more non-sequitor HAI I HERD OBAMA IS ACSHULLY A ALIEN HOW DO U RESPOND TO THAT LOL responses or more knee-jerk same old Them vs Us party talking points bullshit. But some people think it's actually, you know, the responsible thing to be informed about *all* the choices.

9. knitterplease

knitterplease New Member

Sorry, that earmarks figure should be $20 million.

10. JEFE

JEFE New Member

...and now, yet another thread on the Fugly Forums fades into obscurity because someone made a few logical, informed statements that none of you agree with. And with which none of you can relate or understand enough to think of any way in which to reply.

And so it goes... God "bless" America.

We will all certainly get exactly what we deserve.

11. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

1. Right dipshit thats what rumor and innuendo is. Are you for real? I refuse to believe you are just that stupid.

2. "is what is being said." :rolleyes: please go back to reply 1.

3. Hey dipshit books ARE banned in the freakin library.

4. WTF are you rambling about?

5. Well you got the time wasted part right.

12. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Once again retardo I stated that if whoever knitterplease is wanted rumor an innuendo I could supply plenty.

I bet you are feeling pretty stupid now.:cool:

13. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Go lookup chauvinistic and come back to talk about this when you are a little more educated.

Her question is asinine Obama has not a tenth the experience she has.....Why the hell should I need to explain this once again this is asinine.

14. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Hot damn you must personally know the lady do you live in Alaska? I'm going to go out on a limb a little bit hear and say that I think your talking out your ass here and stinking up the place while you are at it. Thanks a lot now please go find a breath mint.

Obama is THE most liberal person in the senate. He does not work across party lines. It seems painfully obvious that Obama loathes this country.

15. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

The most pathetic thing I run into on a daily basis is just how easily-led the morons I come into contact with are. If anyone ever doubted the efficacy of advertising, point them in the direction of the Democratic platform in 2008. "Change," as a buzz-word, is such an effective method of garnering the support of the uneducated vote that I'm appalled.

So many people are convinced that electing Obama will change the lives they will not take ownership of, nor the fact that they, themselves, fashioned for themselves.

Keep thinking along these lines, Amerika.

You'll revel in the 'free' support, assistance, and help that your Democratic government has in mind for you - and you'll be happy. You'll raise your offspring to rely on the government as much as you've been conditioned to, and by the time they're of voting age, they'll elect people that are even more liberal in ideology.

Are you seeing the trend here?

The same people that piss and moan about the government now are the same that rely on it for sustenance. Keep bitching, keep taking handouts, and keep voting Democrat. I hope each and every one of you doesn't live long enough to see your descendants standing in the 'bread line' at the logical end of the path you're choosing for this country. :rolleyes:

Makes me absolutely, completely, fucking sick. And to think that I once had respect for humanity.

16. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Well said.

17. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

No doubt Lomo I can see you have the big picture mentality so many are lacking.

18. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I just think she's hot and kind of bossy.

Im cool with that.

I hate big government and I believe that is just what Obama is about. Giving a crutch to the dregs of society.

He wants to take the 'work' requirements away from welfare recipients, he is all for school bus drivers not being required to take back ground checks, he wants multiple sentences for violent offenders to run concurrently, so an attempted murderer/rapist gets 3 25 year sentences he can get out in 25, instead of 75. I think they should flush the useless turd and save a lot of money, but hey, we have to be PC here in America. He doesnt want to give medical aid to a fetus that survives the abortion process. That's the kind of compassion I want in the white house.

He is a puppet. All the people that helped his rise in Illinois, that are now seen as 'bad' he has jettisoned his association with, Rev. Wright, Mr. Ayers?

19. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

20. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

She looks like a megabitch and her voice grates on my nerves.

They are all fake assholes and it's corrupted beyond belief. No one knows the "truth" and the "facts" are always biased depending on where you look.

I don't see why anyone would think this is hot: